Lathe for sale - HF 9x20 (SOLD)

well, you know Matthew means “Gift from God”, right?

Right now, it's a gift from American Express.

Now there's even more pressure to turn out cool parts, since the Big Guy is involved...

hey, whatever it takes :slight_smile:

For the price this kind of lathe is not bad. Mine is the same lathe with a different name stamped on it. Having the QCTP on these makes a huge difference.

(laughing)

Well, He and the rest of us will allow just so long for installation/learning curve. Superiority and Greatness expected forever thereafter.

performanceanxietyeternalFoy

The 9x20 lathe is still for sale. You can steal it for $500, including the quick-change toolpost and tooling.

Last bump before Craigslist.

That is a steal!! I am in the same process… and have a Jet 9 X 20 with the QTC…. but I have almost that in the QTC and holders… $500 wouldn’t touch mine!! Somebody is going to be lucky!!! Good Luck With The Sale!!! 0:)

Dan.

that’s a crazy price CX, I can’t see you keeping it for long. I’d take it off your hands in a heartbeat but I just don’t have that money to spend for the next year or so and I can’t conscionably ask you to hold it back until then :frowning:

Why oh why do I live so far away!

If it 500$ shipped worldwide, I can introduce you a buyer :smiley:

If I didn't live in a freakin apartment I would be all over this!!

Thanks, guys. I am at the point where the room is worth more than the $$$ lost.

Sorry, Pavithra_uk - shipping is not included in that price.

I've seen a small-block V8 get rebuilt in a Chicago apartment - you could easily fit this lathe in yours....

Well… Since we are showing pictures of new toys…. This one arrives next week.

Meanwhile… I am taking up a collectoin for food!!! …Oh… and perhaps a place to sleep when Sweetthing finds out what I got her for her birthday next week!!! 0:) I figure she can oly kill me ONCE!!! Dan.

texaslumens - awesome - exactly what I’m saving for, although, if I were local, I’d buy CS’s in the meantime. sure wouldn’t be hard to unload (in chicago) at that price. out here in the boonies…different story…

Very nice, TexasLumens. That Grizzly is almost identical to the PM1340 sitting in the shop downstairs. I actually referred to the G0709 literature in setting up the PM lathe.

Good luck with the install ! Are you planning on using the flood coolant system ?

Thanks! I’m looking forward to it. I do a lot of lathe work and just out grew the little Jet. I hated to let go of the $$ but… you can’t take it with you anyway!!

That little lathe CS has for sale is a steal. I have a guy coming to get my 9X20 tomorrow and I got 4 times that price for it. Of course… he has to come first… but he says he wants it! I done a ton of work on that little lathe. I added a four bolt hold down and a really nice QTC unit and it made a real machine out of it. I almost kept it but I can only run one at a time…. unlike my CNC machines, somebody’s gotta turn the cranks on these!!! Ha!

Dan.

Thanks CS, This one is the 14 X 40 but there is little difference. I called the folks you are getting yours from but they didn’t have one of these. I really wanted the spider on mine and those folks didn’t have it on theirs so Grizzly won.

I have a cold air unit I think I’ll use and save the mess of the coolant on this one. I hate coolant if it isn’t in an enclosed cabinet. I seldom use anything on aluminum (except for threading) but I work some titanium that sure has to have something or you run through tools like they were butter!!!

Thats a steal for your lathe. I hope you sell it soon… YOU SHOULD!!! Someone could buy that and make another 500 easy.

Thanks again… Good Luck! Dan.

I don't presently have enough compressor to use a cold air setup, but hope to end up with one soon.

Congrats on the 14x40 - I look forward to seeing some titanium parts !

Good luck with yours too!! We gotta get after it now!!! Ha!

Dan.

I know I'll regret this question. No really, I know!

But... how much is shipping to Denmark?

Just a similar machine over here is 750$ (On sale when they have "exhibition models") Then there is the tools. Those alone could be the same amount of cash. And I have a 1500 SQF garage in our new home. I mean - this little thing could get lost in there, the wife may never find it ;-)

EDIT: Just realised it's not for 230 V power... Dang I feel dumb right now. Sorry for the disturbance - I'll go sulk in a corner somewhere now!