LD-2D 3A 2-3 cells driver for 6V leds at intl.outdoor, any good?

Saw this LD-2D 3A that runs with 2-3 cells, for 6V leds. at intl.outdoor

its a 20mm driver

looks like a nice driver, but I don`t like the "Groups of modes" that can be changed after 10 seconds and a short blink...

I dislike those "blinks" to change groups of modes.

Does it look like it`s "flash-able"? Atiny13a?

and does it look like we can up the amps a bit?

Yeah I did notice this driver too, but sorry my electronics knowledge is insufficient to answer your questions. I wish to know more details of this driver too and let’s wait for these Gurus to chime in. :wink:

The description says the driver doesn’t run with PWM, I guess that mean we won’t see any “PWM pattern” at all?

Haven’t seen that one before. Would be interested too.

Just sent Hank an email... hopefully we will know a bit more when he answers.

I am also looking at it for the past few days. LoL. What good host to recommend for 20mm 2x18650 setup?

JAX Z1 comes to my mind immediately, but the stock Z1 driver is 21mm actually. 20mm driver might be able to fit with the help of the retaining ring I think.

Subbed.

This looks interesting, if we can up the amp a bit that is :wink:

$40/host is Ex. Hope to keep the project budget under $50 (excl. bat).

Just got word from Hank.

He is not sure about resistor nodding, as he hasn't tried that.

The mcu is not an atiny, so you need some other kind of firmware. It uses a PIC12F683...fyi

Someone would need to get some(like 3 or more) and see if a sense resistor mod can be done and how much the driver could be pushed. My guess is not that much before voltage spikes start frying LEDs. From my extremely limited experience just following other buck driver threads this is too small to have the components needed to run reliably at high current but WTHDIK?

More than me & good to know :wink:

freeme, last time I saw Banggood has these JAX Z1 bare hosts selling at $30 only, but I am not sure if there is still any active discount coupon for this though.

Rufusbduck, I have very limited electronics knowledge too, but I think 20mm is good enough to carry good components. For example, LD-29 is about 20.5mm in diameter (ignoring its contact board) and it is good to be pushed to 4.5A and above. If this LD-2D is QX5241 based driver then I think it is fine for high current boosting.

Where & how can one buy the Jax Z1 host for 30$ :open_mouth: i have only ever seen it for 45$ at banggood………

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22356?page=28#comment-711794

I just tested the code it still works :slight_smile: thanks, i may have to buy one of those sooner rather than later :wink:

Don’t forget to get the extension.

Yes i know, the second before i read your message i placed an extension in my shopping cart :smiley:

One question, why does banggood call the z1 host a 18650 host & the extension is also called that……i know the Jax Z1 is a 26650 light.
So are they just confused or what? or do they really have some weird “only 186650” version for sale.