LED test / review - LatticePower TN3535 (5000 K 90 CRI, 6500 K 70 CRI color kit 1A/1B)

Wurkkos sells loose emitters on their website (for a good price too), it would be an alternative if Sofirn is unwilling.

Yes, got like 30pcs ordered recently but the choice variety is modest. And some are already sold out.

I’m after particularly these LatticePower TN3535 LEDs.

Very high.
The TN3535 looks extremely similar to the LH351D, even the LES and design of silicone/substrate looks almost exactly the same:

Perhaps such a design results automatically from the requirements of such an LED? But I rather suspect (also because Nichia and Lumileds have different designs) that this similarity to the LH351D is quite intentional. I wouldn’t be surprised if these TN3535s were simply referred to as “Samsung” by manufacturers or dealers to suggest quality or the use of a well-known LED.

The LH351D is indeed not as good as this TN3535, it has lower maximum current and also lower effiency (and higher Vf), but the beam is better.

For me I have to say that there are no reasons to choose these TN3535 LEDs to date. I would only choose the 519A, if needed in a R70 or R8000 spec. The beam does not look so nice as with 519A and the tint is also not good, even when choosing color group below BBL. Yes, the TN3535 has a good performance, but in the end it suffers from the same problems most chinese LEDs still have: large series variation in electrical characteristics and ugly tint in conjunction with not so nice beam (colored rings aka “Cree rainbow”)

4 Thanks

That’s definitely ok for Sofirn to sell TN3535 led.
We can make it available in Sofirn website if there are people really need to purchase it. :grinning:

5 Thanks

Thanks for the test.

Like the LH351D it looks like the phosphor layer is encased in silicone, so slicing would be the way to go, I’m curious how it compares to LH351D slicing.

In terms of performance, it looks to be similar to the LH351D 5000K 90CRI, except it cheats a bit by being more than 1000K higher and greener.
I suppose that Sofirn is eying this LED because it’s cheaper than the LH351D ? It would only be worth it if they can source a neutral to rosy bin (and in the correct CCT), and use it with OP reflector, even the LH351D is better with OP, for example the SP36 should have come with an OP reflector.

1 Thank

This is good thanks. You don’t happen to have one of the emitters in the ts10 as well test do you? I’d love to see that as well. Since half the world seems to have at least one of the things

I’d love to. If that’s not a problem and won’t add much work for you - then yes please.

I have some. Maybe in the next weeks, but if so the test of these CSP2323 would be shorter than this one.

1 Thank

Anything would be good. As it doesn’t seem to be a lot of information on these, except for if you put current into them, light will come out.:grin:

Thanks for the tests. Unfortunately, my Latice Bright experiences did not impress. I had a few emitters laying around that I had swapped out from various flashlights. So I put them to use and built a large down-light array for a storage area in my basement. I used a mixture of various Cree XML2 and a similar Latice Bright version, being fraudulently sold as Cree XML2 emitters to the unsuspecting. I wired them in series and powered them at 2.5A using a commercial duty Meanwell AC to DC, CC/CV LED driver (which I carefully calibrated using a DMM and clamp meter). I mounted the emitters to a long aluminum rail, with identical CPU heat sinks above each emitter to keep them cool. This provided far more heat extraction than was necessary, but I had the heat sinks and was going to toss them anyway. Before 1 year of limited use (total of less than 50 hours), one by one, all the Latice Bright emitters turned an angry blue and failed. After total failure, they have since been replaced with Cree XML2. I even turned up the power level to 3.2A and they have operated flawlessly for 3 years. While this probably wont matter too much for the casual flashlight enthusiast, it definitely will for those who intend to use them for longer periods of time.

A critical spec viewed by industry for LED lighting is know as “Lumen Maintenance”.

From Wiki: Lumen maintenance is the most useful gauge to determine the lifetime or useful light output rating of an LED light source. Unlike traditional light sources such as incandescent lamps, LEDs rarely fail outright and instead continue to emit light, albeit at slowly diminishing rate over time. Lumen maintenance is the luminous flux remaining at any selected elapsed operating time.

When I searched, I found that none of the large reputable industrial luminary manufacturers were using Latice Bright emitters, because of the extremely poor lumen maintenance realized in the field. In fact, none that I could find used any Chinese manufactured emitters for that very reason. They simply dont last under typical daily usage. And paying to service large expensive luminary arrays far exceeds the cost of the actual lighting fixtures.

Tbf, I don’t think LatticeBright and LatticePower are the same companies. And if so (because they renamed themself to Latticepower), they also could make a huge step forward in overall quality and reliability. They still have some knock-off emitters like XG2 or XM2 in their line-up tho.

2 Thanks

For all the TS10 mini users out there! :muscle:

1 Thank

Awesome test thanks

Yes please!
Do you have only one CCT - 6500K?

I see LED added to the Sofirn store. About $5 each. It seems a bit expensive to me.
Free shipping is over $29, so minimum is 8 pieces, with discount code “subtracts” tax (from EU). Still around $5 in the end :wink:

What do you think?

Too expensive. The very similar LH351D are for 1-3 $ each, for example at Wurkkos.
I think 3 $ is a good price. But tbf at Sofirn website LEDs are all more on the expensive side (LH351D for 4.99 $ )

Nonetheless, it is good that these LEDs are available at all. :slight_smile:

3 Thanks

I agree.
Sofirn has LED at wholesale price, so I also think $3 would be acceptable (definitely still more than their wholesale price, but they will still make money).
If I was sure tint will be OK, I would reconsider.

Otherwise, there are LH351D 70 CRI available with similar performance, much cheaper.

I bet if you messaged them and wanted a dozen they would give you a different price.

A 80% discount ?

Lol maybe if you phrased it right. I could see it.

I feel like $5 is sofirn’s flat rate for shipping anything off the menu, because whenever I ask sofirn for anything it’s always at least $5. That’s their “I don’t get out of bed for less than” price. As in

One tailcap spring-$5
One empty tailcap shell- $5
One tailcap magnet- $5
One fully assembled tailcap-$5
Three fully assembled tailcaps-$6

Except it’s not off menu anymore so maybe doesn’t apply. But maybe if you phrase it right

1 Thank