LED test / review - Moonleds MN-S3535 (6000 K, typ. 97 CRI, R9/R12 min. 90) - real daylight LED!

Oh damn, all of their carclo optics are out of stock. They are the only reasonable source of these optics in the US, I wonder if they will restock them.

(EDIT: they don’t do free shipping anymore! Also not all are out of stock, some are still available.)

Glad that the diffusion film does the trick! With ultra-high-CRI lights I would not tint mix or overdrive them, both of them compromise CRI and the ability to see colors objectively. If I wanted a really rosy tint I’d just get 519As, which have more output anyways.

As tempting as it would be to try the 10509 optics that I can get from MTN, I’ve decided to keep my set-up as is.

Here’s my rationale:

• I don’t see any tint shift with them. Even when I rotate the flashlights on a white wall, there is no noticeable change that I can see.
  • I like that they have a distinct hotspot and I’m not sure if that would be the case with the 10509 optic.
  • They have older 6x7135 12 mode Convoy drivers that I’ve added bleeder resistors to in order to accommodate lighted switches. I’m afraid that the firmware could become compromised if I removed a 7135 chip or 2.
  • I’ve decided to program them to mode 8 in order to reduce the current by 50% just to be safe. This should then be around 0.375A per LED which is still plenty bright.

Thank you for all your input! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, it sucks they don’t ship for free anymore. $3.99 plus the cost of the optics is still cheaper than Digikey, Mouser or Mtnelectronics though.

Both very good points. The 3V SunLike only make ~20lm at the normal drive current, which is a bit low even for three of them. I was pretty much just playing around with mixing different temps. My preferred CCT is ~4500K so I also tried a mix of 2 4000K and 1 5000K that came out pretty much perfectly neutral and ~4200K. I’ll probably settle on a mix of 2 5000K and 1 4000K.

2 Thanks