Li-ion converted Fenix E12

You can see the build here: (more build pic's in thread)

Price drop to $40, I'm sorry but I have to get that or I will just keep it (or possibly use it in my 500 post GAW) so I cant go any lower, a stock one is only $10 less, just 1/4 the output and not nearly as good of a moonlight.

The light is a 3 month old Fenix E12, it's been converted to running a BLF Tiny10 FET driver with STAR OFF-time memory and ONLY runs on a 14500. It's got 4 modes- moon, low, med & turbo. Turbo will run about 3A (very dependent on quality cells!!) and has a 30sec step down to 80%. The emitter is a neutral white XP-G2 (ordered from mouser and I forget the exact tint bin, all the paperwork has is the full cree PN: XPGBWT-01-R250-00FC2) and mounted on a 10mm sinkPAD, its using a textured surface (aka diffused) 40* TIR optic. The wires are 18AWG. If you flash your own MCU's access is pretty straight forward, desolder leads from emitter, pull driver and you have easy access to the chip. Moonlight is (by eye) about 3-5Lm and turbo is running right about 400 off my eagletac protected cells (probably get more out of an Efest, the theoretical max is ~4.2A for the FET used on this driver.

I'm looking for $47 shipped for this one and that barely covers my parts, the light alone is still too new to have came down from $30 any and the parts add up quick. I'm really needing the cash for this one cause I need to resupply parts and junk but I would consider one trade, a pristine condition Nitecore D10, as long as the body / piston / lens & reflector are in good shape it doesn't even have to work but it needs to be almost new condition physically... Post "I'll take it" and PM me for PayPal. International buyers PM for shipping first.

I'm going to the PO on the way to the kids field day in the morning, it can go out then if payment is made tonight.

Just a quick explanation of the UI: its OFF-time no-memory. From off the light starts in moon mode every time but when switching modes while on clicking will advance modes, NOT RESET (and also it will switch with the first half-press, not like on-time where it actually takes two half-presses to switch modes).

Nice! You know there is a Tiny 12 too right

I am currently working on an actual BLF Tiny 10DD (with pads for the FET vs having to cut the traces for the 7135) but waiting on Mattaus to confirm my work [I just edited his original] (I am a bit confused on the G/S/D connections on the schematic/drawing)

G,S,D. Gate, source, drain. Source is ground for an n-channel mosfet. Drain is out. Gate is pwm. Presuming your board is meant for the IRLML2502 or other n-channel mosfet then its correct.

How is board designing with eagle going for you?

Damn I just ordered 9 more tiny10’s. Now I’m out $2.55!!!

Also with all that room in the back it would be cool for the cap to be moved so it doesn’t have to be removed to flash (however I’m lazy and I don’t remove mine, I just hold the pins in place and have the wife/kid hit enter lol)

I don’t understand. Maybe I’m really missing something here, but why do you keep calling this ontime? If you had to add a cap to make it work, it’s offtime.

Designing…not so great…taking something and tweaking it…I’m getting there…still heavily novice, but i am getting better at tweaking…always was good at that vs creating something from thin air

No no, your right, it is ON-time (2nd post edited) for sure as the description details, I have a hard time with names.

That’s also why I rename my modes from “med” and “low” to numbers, I just have a hard time keeping names straight. I can figure out how to solve ridiculous problems and build sweet lights but I can’t remember the difference between on and off lol.

I’d like to see this sell so its getting used, its a cool light but is just setting here. Price drop in original post, at this point I’m loosing money but I’d still rather see this go to someone who will use it.
Please know this isnt just thrown together project, I took a lot of time getting all the parts just perfect, this is a very high quality build.

Very nice setup man…whoever gets this will get a very powerful little pocket rocket :smiley: