LightMalls BLF Custom Circuit Board (Project Fails Seeking New Vendor [relic38/FlashPilot Taking Over Idea])

i think 2.8V will be better?

I’d love to see an Atmel ATtiny13 or even better an ATtiny25 (with built-in thermal sensor and more program space) in that driver as mode controller. Several users here can reprogram those chips to adapt the modes and user interface to their needs - and provide that service for other users, too.

I’d make a basic firmware for that and post it as open source.

Can you make the low mode a bit lower? 1-2% would be good.

..and I would like to have a real low-low (0.05-0.2%) too, as a fourth mode.

Thanks and another vote for Boost.

+1

for the moonlight mode,we will think about it,1~3,maybe it is too low?does it will be nothing light?

Here's an example, BLF A8 with modes 100%, 30%, 2% & 0.3%

I would say that it has a great mode spacing, but the low-low could be even lower (0.05-0.2%)

Moon is supposed to be very low, 0.5-1% is plenty, and sometimes still too much.

However there will be no consensus about what modes a light should have and in what order and with what memory. Some like H-M-L, some like L-M-H, some want moon, some don’t, some want memory, some don’t, some even like strobe, but most don’t. That’s why it’s would be nice to have an Atmel MCU that can be reprogrammed…

3.0V tells me the battery is nearly depleted, but that i can run another minute, while 2.8 says turn off now to prevent over discharge

My request 100, 30 , 3% and please include the moonlight of 0.1% as the fourth mode , Low Voltage warning at 3.0V with memory and at 3,5A max. 17mm

Thanks

Sorry! double post.

Absolutely! +2!

+1, but we also want to provide good default set of modes (for people not having the programming ability).

Yes, very low, low please

+3!

Having ATtiny would be awesome, everyone could have his own modes and behavior of driver! Otherwise driver with specs in post #38 +moonlight mode is good compromise for me.

Things are looking good. It seems everyone generally likes the moonlight mode and a 3% low.

Yes, 4 modes seems better to me.. not 100-30-5, because almost every driver has that!

another vote for four mode with memory order is not important but

100–30–5–0.2 (ish) would make a good range for use in anything from an edc to a single 26650 light.

I definitely like the 4 modes on the BLF A8 light. Dont have to be the same percentages but 4 modes are great to have. Programable would be sweet also!

+1 for me.
This driver would be like no other driver on the market if it was made as a boost to work from a single li-ion. The problem with the linear regulator’s has always been at high currents and high vf leds is they can’t stay in regulation very long with li-ion battery sag. So a boost would eliminate that problem.
I would also like to see a Attiny as the mcu as Dr.jones suggested. Big + for being able to be reprogrammed by the user, which several members here could do.
It would also be a big + if the driver contained a sense resistor or some other means of changing current. So that the user could change the current to their liking. So if the user wanted a 3 amp max driver they could do so by modifying. That would make it possible for the user to mod the driver to work well with several leds not just the high powered leds.
My 2 cents.