LiitoKala lii – 100 CHARGER Who Likes 'em?

mini DC Voltmeter @AE: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-mini-dc-voltmeter.html?site=glo&groupsort=1&SortType=price_asc&g=y&SearchText=mini+dc+voltmeter&isFavorite=y&initiative_id=SB_20170108081148&needQuery=n&isRtl=yes&isFreeShip=y

It's 99.9% perfect, I want it 100% :)

It was cut with dremmel tool and finished with "Snap-Off Blade Utility Knife"

Many of them have calibration, that's why I love them :)

I use this one

http://www.gearbest.com/lcd-led-display-module/pp_246713.html

If you buy somewhere else make sure it's 0.28'' display as bigger won't fit and it has 2 wires (works from 2.5V). Also make sure it's 2.5V-30V or 2.5V-33V range, higher range require higher low end voltage and are less precise on low voltages.

Low end on mine is 2.5V.

You can't get any with lower voltage without using external power supply (as far as I know). It needs at least 2.5V to make LEDs light up.

Maybe if someone would make one with boost module inside to work on lower but haven't seen it.

You (er, I) could carve out another notch and add a couple of 9v battery type snap-on terminals on the side to provide power to the voltmeter.

I find my “almost dead” motion sensor light and smoke detector 9v cells (about 4 volts) are fine to power these little 3-wire type voltmeters.

Can you add to the picture showing where on the board to solder the voltmeter wires? I knew it’s been posted in a thead somewhere here. Pointer welcome.

That is one way to do it :)

I will try to use something like this "DC-DC Boost Converter Step Up Module 1-5V to 5V" and place it somewhere inside.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302166680116

You can see where to solder here:

I’d think if you’re loading the cell to power the meter, it will give you a lower voltage result. Useful enough I guess.
I’ll be very curious to know how it works out.

OK, I get you; I understand 100% all to well. :+1:
Thank you for the cutting info too… that will shorten my “learning curve”. :wink:

Thanks for the link, those are a bit cheaper than the ones I got before. :slight_smile:

OK, same as the ones I have; 2.5V.
Heck, I’ll just use these for LiIon… I have plenty of NiMh chargers if I want to know voltage.

In measuring li-ions there is no defference (and you can also adjust voltmeter for any mistake).

Using boost module shouldn't make much more difference as total consumption should be about 20mA (I think).

Anyway I'm using it just to see if cell is full or need to charge so no need for very precise measuring.

You can cut it only with utility knife with some patience if you don't have tool like dremmel. Just be careful :)

That's what I said when modding this one, but now using it on NiMH looks like a challenging idea :)

you guys are right $4 bucks for a charger is a no brainer…order one today! :+1:

There’s another label on a very similar-looking charger someone mentioned not long ago.

“Colaier C20 USB Battery Charger”

So, I asked about it:

they’re teasing me, I assume

I would be very surprised if they were actually different. Skillhunt has a version that looks like it to. Probably one mass producing factory they produces them and makes different top pieces for the different company logos.

Or else there are batches of the older boards that they get rid of cheap, no way to tell unless — I did ask — they’ll tell me the board revision number. Which requires getting a manager’s permission and being issued a screwdriver and actually looking inside the product, usually not allowed. We’ll see.

Does anyone have this kind of problem ?
Put lii 100 on the power without battery and all lighted up.

What happens if you put a battery in it?

Nope… mine lights up like yours, but the blue lights go out in about 1 second. The orange light stays on.

Nothing, the same, all is lighted up and that is all.

Yes that is normal behavior, but that is not the case.

@ vidramon
Was it like that when you got it or did it just happen all of a sudden?

All of a sudden, one KP 26650 was on 0.09 V after use it in that charger.
I suspect in power adaptor.

Hmm, something is not clear to me, if there is a light like Convoy L6 that will use 2x 26650 cells or some other that will use 2x 18650 cells it is not matter, the point is if the cells are unprotected and if one is 4.2V and other is 3.5V for example this 3.5V will go lower and lower and lower, and will be damaged so the V will drop too much under 3V, but what will happen in same scenario if the cells are protected ?

It should be that protected cells when hit around 3V cut off to prevent damage and more lowering volts, but what is actually happening in lights that use 2x 26650 / 2x 18650 ? Is this valid also for cells that are connected in series or only one cell per light ?

Hmmmm…… Thanks for the info. :+1:

I think 4.2V & 3.5V is too large a difference to use in series. They should be much close than that…. from what I understand.

Take the following with a grain of salt until you check it out or get further confirmation one way or the other.
But I think the full cell will try and back charge the less full cell and that is when bad things might happen. :person_facepalming: … :open_mouth:

Of course that difference is too large I just ask because I trying to figure out how the hell this protected KP cell go to 0.09 V.

So the only thing that is wrap around my head is that one cell was much more below other since this happens and lii100 claimed that is full since all is lighted up. But strange is if cell have protection that can be so much undercharged.