List Your Favorite Flashlights

UltraFire U4-MCU modded with a P7. It's the only flashlight I own :( , so it's my favorite...

The ones I use the most are ITP A3, Zebralight H51f, and maybe I’d have to include the Ultrafire BJO8A. I keep an Ultrafire 602c (I think that’s the model) single AAA twisty in my car for when I pick up my mail at night.

- DQG Tiny II R4 as an EDC (always with me)

- Fandyfire STL-V6 as a XM-L thrower

- Fandyfire STL-V2 as a wall of light

- Shadow TC6 as a outdoor NW light

- Trustfire Z5 as an in house light

- KD C8 as a bike light

- Sunwayman V10A as a lowest-possible-low light

- UF-H3b as a head light

- UF XG-V3 as a shelf queen

Casting aside considerations like practicality, cost, beauty, popular acclaim etc., my two very favorites are my Fenix E20 with an underdriven XML and my old reliable L2i with 2.8A NANJG driver and Shiningbeam neutral XML. These lights give me the warm fuzzies and I'm man enough to admit it.

Ultrafire UF-H3B

Spark ST6-460nw

Both headlamps have served me so very well!

As for my flashlights, my pricier ones have been my favorite:

Nitecore D10- Love its size, aggressive knurling, ramping modes and the firm titanium clip.

Sunwayman V10A- Love the variable ring, overall quality and output on 14500!! I think variable output is a big one for me.

Nitecore IFE-2- lowest low i've ever seen. low to the point of impracticallity actually lol. With two eneloops this is a perfect daily carry with its variable output ring.

Maratac AAA stainless steel - This light was my EDC for about the past 6 months. The keyring attachment recently broke and I've been unable to EDC it. I have yet to search for a replacement keyring attachment. This light on a 10440 is a beast!

Trustfire X9- modded with 2.8a driver this is my beast of an xml thrower.

whatever just came in the mail

UltraFire UF-980L

Solarforce L2P/UF XM-L

Solarforce L2i

runner up: 4Sevens Quark AA2 Tactical (R5)

newblueL2PFoy

First: Right now I am digging my Ultrafire 501A with a custom drop in 4B tint XML 5 mode with no flashies 3.5amp turbo, 1.7 amp high, blah, blah and .002 super moon firefly low. A light that does everything and yes the new Fire Flame 18350s deliver the 3.5 amps no problem.

Second: The UFH2 I like it better than the UFH3 almost as bright and a lot smaller.

Third: is DRY

I have a terralux 'lightstar 220' that takes 2 AA's that i bought a couple years ago. I like this little light for its solid build and general usefullness. It's bright enough to be practical, and small enough to take in your pocket or clip on your pants. The most recent light I bought is a trustfire '1600lm' xm-l light. This one takes 2 18650's and in comparison to the lightstar is about 4 times as bright.(an estimate) The trustfire light is a heavy piece of work, solid, and has worked without a hitch for the few weeks I have had it. I wish that a company would make a light that took a 6v lantern battery, such as the kind with the 6 or 8in. reflectors in them, but replace the old'krypton' or halogen bulb with an led. Why is it, that companies like 'eveready' and 'duracell' have fallen off the led wagon? If they would get with the program and make a leading edge led light and sell them for $30 to$50 price range, they could clean house I think.

i don't have a full list, just wanted to single out one light - the Fenix E05 - that i like more and more the longer i have it, which is kind of rare for me. usually, the longer i have a light, the more the little flaws begin to bother me to the point that i either mod the light, try to mod and fail, or sell the light. but not this little guy. it's true it's not very bright, only has one mode, and doesn't have exceptional runtimes, but, man, i love it's size, love the beam, love the knurling, and love how easy the twisty turns on and off. i can't say enough good things about the twisty and ultra tight thread tolerance. the slightest twist turns it on and off and it stays put, there's no slop at all, and that precision makes it really easy to use with one hand, which is something that i can't say about other twisties (like the iTP A3, Lumintop Worm, etc.) in the E05's price range. and there's the price, $20 or less, which for me is just right.

TR-3T6

TR-1200

JeatBeam BC40

L2P with UF 3-mode drop-in

STL-V2

UF-980L

TK41

Catapult V3

ZL SC600

DRY

Keygos KE-5, KE-2, KE-7

I love all my lights equally. I don't have a favorite.

The light I use the most is the RICHONG RC-L00.

zl sc600-my current edc

skyray stlv2-outside work light

xeno e03 xml-headlight

sold off some lights and waiting for olight m20xs.

Loving my Solarforce L2P with the dx 1-mode XM-L drop-in. Not a monster but really all the light I need in 99% of the time.

Can we please get rid of the spam!

http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=651

Finally i did the foaming thing. It's easy to cut out the foam if you do it with a little pair of crooked scissors.
These are scans made on my flatbed scanner, not photos shot by a digicam.

The Pelican case which comes closest to the Otterbox 3000 (Interior dimensions: 19.4 x 9.5 cm x 3.8 cm) is afaik the PELICAN 1060 Micro Case (Interior dimensions: 20.9 x 10.8 x 5.7 cm):

click to enlarge the 2 scans!

My favorite four EDC's in rotation:

1. EagleTac T20 (CoolWhite with 720 lumens in Turbo mode; 1x 3.7V Protected XTAR 18700); FREE lifetime warranty
  2. Romisen RC-29A (see DX or ebay: pre-modded commercial version with 3 modes, "180 lumens"; 1x 3.7V Protected Trustfire 14500); 10€ torch and warranty? dont ridicule yourself haha!!
  3. Xeno E03 v3 with XM-L T6 CoolWhite, 430 OTF lumens (1x 3.7V Protected Trustfire 14500); 3.0 years warranty
  4. Lumintop Worm StainlessSteel with XP-G R5, 2-Mode, 70 ANSI lumens (1x 1.5V AAA Alkaline); FREE lifetime no-hassle warranty

All four models could be used as EDC, they are light-weight and compact and I am surprised that i was able to fit all four together into the smallish Otterbox. Here some rambling on the torches:

I would never give away the Lumintop nor the Romisen. Both are true sources of amazement, inspiration and joy. I always carry the Lumintop with me, it is very elegant, noble and perfect as no-nonsense keychain AAA light with the most stunning runtimes in Med-mode. It does tailstand and headstand even with all the keys attached, and the keys and Lumintop are connected thru the same single key ring. Since it's always on me, we could call it "my EDC"; i've heard people misuse this EDC sometimes as bottle opener lol.

I should keep the EagleTac with the outlook of updated drop-in modules. Curious to note, I eventually really enjoy its 2 rubber parts: the rubber cigar grip ring feels comfortable, acts as shock absorber, and also provides immense grip thru friction even on smooth slick surfaces (anti-slide function, in addition to anti-roll function), while the rubber tail bezel provides a fast and secure tailstand even on uneven bumby grounds. It also serves as effective shock absorber against drops. When the T20 is dropped, neither part will sustain scratches or damage.

The Xeno, a popular ultra-robust pocket rocket with the brightest floody beam of all four models, moderate runtimes and unfortunately no real low mode on 14500's. i happened to pay not more than a steal of €14.99 total (EUR, incl shipping) for the E03 v3 plus its white diffuser tip (TW15 v2) together, which would usually total €51.70 (EUR, incl shipping within Germany) -- i am a lucky buyer!, so even if i dont need the Xeno stuff, i shouldnt complain about its redundancy in my system of flashlights. i might still give it away though (gift, cpfmp) because i am thinking of replacing it by a Quark AA with low voltage XML-head (1x 14500) to occupy its place in the Otterbox.

Finally, in this end-of-November 2011 compilation, the special commercial version of the Romisen. Many people know and have the original version of the RC-29 (and also of the even more popular RC-G2), and both models were heavily subjected to modding instructions and upgrade guides published on the inet. That belongs to the past. This Romisen version comes pre-modded, compatible with 14500's, improved runtimes, amazing light output, and three modes: High (100%), Med (50%) and Strobe. I experience fun and joy the most with this highly versatile 10€ cheapo. You can take off the head and then, in mule mode, you get the perfect 180° flood, much more useful for close distance work than the E03, and when you zoom in, you can throw notably much further than the T20, namely up to 350-400m Pocket rocket? More like a laser sword!!

Thanksgiving holiday 4Sevens Black Friday Weekend Blitz Sale is over, and some 4Sevens stuff (10.0 years warranty) is on my way home. i'll see if i can replace the Xeno or not. And check the Otterbox foaming. There's still place for another 1x AAA light: The DQG Tiny II in Titanium , which is being produced these days!!

So far its

Fenix LD20

Fenix E21

Streamlight Stylus Pro (my EDC)

And after I order it (have to decide on vendor and version), I expect my new fav to be the RC-29 from Kreislers great review...!

Every day carry , day or night ....

The little ones ...

ITP , Maratac , Nlight B3 , all AAA ..

If I know Im going to need light , a XM-L flavour of some sort ... [ P60 ]

If I need a lot of illumination , and throw , TF X9 , STL V3 or Keygos , or Jetbeam PA40

Around the house , any of 50+ flashlights that take my fancy at the moment ... [ My Fav AA ATM = Balder SE1 ]

ATM - Maybe too many to chose from = maybe !

DQG Tiny-II (keychain)

Ultrafire RL-168 upgraded from a golden dragon to XML-U2 emitter (bag)

Tank007 M10 (pocket)

I've got a few p60 hosts, but they don't get a whole lot of use.