List your "Recommended"/Favourite Budget Knives

Don't forget the Special Limited Product Sales at Exduct, when you have decided what to buy.

Edited post to add, names are off the top of my head, can check later

Given the price the quality surprised me. It is well made, nicely finished and has a good edge from the factory.

I was wondering about the ‘special limited product’ knives on exduct. They list the same knives on their main knife page for regular price…why is that? Are the ‘special’ priced knives factory defects? Is there a quality difference between the two somehow?

The knives on these pages are on discount. If you use the search function and search for a knife, for example the SRM 939, you can see one whose product number begins with "SP" (Special Product) that is cheaper than the usual one.

I'm about to pull the trigger on $30 worth of knives off Exduct... hope China Post is reliable.

Ask for discount codes here first... might save you an additional 5% or so.

Yep, used a discount code. After repeated Adding and Deleting from my cart, finally pulled the trigger on Enlan EL-01 and Navy 602 from Exduct.

I really like the ganzo 704 (new version):

It's a bit big, but feels really sturdy. Bought it for around $14-15 at exduct. Has a nice axis lock.

For a smaller EDC, I really like the SMR 738 - looks and feel a lot more like a "gentlemans"-knife:

It's available from the same site.

That's the G704. Thanks to its original designer - Mike Snody - the ergo is superb. (The G710 looks like a BM Rift.)

You are completely right.. Somehow it's name got all mixed up in my head because of the SMR 710 which I also have (and enjoy). Edited the post.

At last my new Ganzo G710 has arrived along with the Enlan EL-01D. The G710 is awesome! The fit and finish is similar to $100+ value folder. Check out the other pics in my blog too.

If you can find a knife you want on the Exduct special limited product page it seems to be the best deal going on the Chinese larger size folding knives, so far I ordered 2 Bee knives, I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the an Enlan Micarta handle axis lock off the sale page. You can easily pick up a 5% off Exduct coupon at the retail-me-not web page. Both times the coupon worked fine on even the special limited product page. I am using the under $3 china post option also. I would expect delivery will take 4-6 weeks to arrive but I have nothing tangible yet to report on China post shipping speeds. It is hard to beat the Exduct selection of budget knives. IMHO the quality should be the same from the discount page I think it is just a way to adjust excess inventory of certain models each month. So far my larger knives Enlan EL01-A and the Sanrenmu 939 both are very nicely made.

I agree the Enlan EL-01A is an outstanding value nice G10 handle thick heavy duty construction, a "flipper tang" to aid in fast blade deployment, it is just a really cool tactical folder, and it feels great in the hand. It is a bit heavy for an EDC knife unless you live way out in the country. If you want to try a bigger knife this is a cost effective way to test the water.

But if you want a lighter weight urban EDC knife a much smaller Sanrenmu 763, or 710 might be a better choice.

isti242 (or other person), i read than ganzo 710 has 4mm thick blade and you write 3.7mm which is the real wide?.

i have an Enlan el01, i like ganzo 710 very much, can you compare both?.

I'm not a big fan of Chinese budget knives, even though I own 6 or 7. Somehow they just don't seem to stack up to knives in the $25-100 range. If I was go with the best budget knife I have found it would be the Humvee knife/flashlight combo. You can get it at Amazoni for $15, and if you have a Big 5 Sporting Goods store near you, they have them for $10.

Good quality knife (the flashlight is junk), it has a glass-breaker and internal seat-belt cutter, and there is no play in the blade. But the biggest reason I recommend it is that it is incredibly SHARP right out of the box. It's not a knife you're proud to show off, but is is a great one to keep in your car as an emergency tool.

http://www.amazon.com/Humvee-HMV-KC-ER1-Black-Emergency-Rescue/dp/B002BPU8NQ

I got 2 EL-02B's, an EL-04MCT and a Ganzo (forgot the model #) from Exduct awhile back-wanted to see what axis lock was all about, and I can't afford Benchmade.

Also grabbed a BEE L06.

Everything from Enlan is beautiful... silky smooth opening/closing and they all lock up tight without a hint of play anywhere. The workmanship is wonderful.

If they were spring assisted, that would be perfect, but I found these attractive enough that I ordered them anyway, without regret... they are beautiful!

Rich

I've just checked it again. The blade thickness of the Ganzo 710 is exactly 3.7 mm.

I'll update my blog with some comparison pics (G710 vs. EL01) soon.

The EL-04 was my first Enlan knife, and it drove me back to the trough for some EL-02s

I have that , and bought another coz is on sale, is very useful, looks cool and cheap ...but is cheap less of 2$