[ListBot] Sandbox for testing bot

@ listbot 2 of each tint

I am in for one null, depending on price

Sorry, no plaid at this time, but polka dots are being considered! :smiling_imp:

@listbot add 1

Recent giveaways here on BLF where a specific phrase must be entered to be eligible prove that a motivated person will read and understand instructions quite well.

The poster who starts the interest thread/group buy/etc can choose the template.

For example: Sofirn AAA twisty
comes in two tints: 3200K and 5600K

The original poster can set the template as (only one template will be used per thread):

@listbot add 1,3”

@listbot interested 1 3”

@listbot add 1x3200K 3x5600K”

@listbot give me 1 3200K 3 5600K”

The only hard syntax is the ‘listbot'. At the moment, most list only require 1 option. I am also working on an 'listbot update’ to update the previous quantities.

There are no bugs like divide by zero. The bot only scans for the template. If the template does not match, it will skip it. There is a lot of flexibility with the template

listbot add 10 and listbot[multiple spaces]add[multiple spaces]10”

is the same. I can also do it where it only reads the qty after @listbot add

listbot add # kd|as lk;a 10”

to account for typos.

Beta is almost done. I am currently working on the bot editing the first post with updated data.

If anyone has any other questions or concerns. You can post it. I will answer when I have a chance.

hmmm. the ‘@’ changes the styling. I might need to use another symbol instead

I’ll take 3 i like to have a back up for my back up

I like the idea, but the response will be - “Just tell me what to click.” It needs a front-end. My next post will be an example if BLF doesn’t ban HTML.

Megalight group buy!

Sign me up for:
Cool White
Neutral White
Warm White

Joshk, How are you going to handle the back end server code? You can set up an external server to gather all the data. I didn’t want to have another server to host.

That is why I am using the initial post sort of like a database. Options like sorting and summing would be much easier on a sql database though.

Edit: I’m going to say you should submit that form to an external server rather than fiddle with BLF posting functionality.

PS - you’re using an external server now, are you not?

I see. Your form generates a pre-formatted comment. I thought you were suggesting using the form to collect the data.

I think Toykeeper wanted to create a bot that has a nice UI form. This is a good suggestion.

Another feature this bot will have is the ability to mass message. The table contains the link to directly message each user. The organizer can give me a message to send to everyone on the list.

The bot has not been set up with a chron job. I am just running it on my computer to test. Eventually I will set it up with a chron job and run it off another computer or my hosted server.

The main thing is that I don’t want to retrieve data nor store data. It is just processing data that is visible in the threads and constructing it in an organize manner.

If this is still open, I’d like to have 3 more! 4 in total :star:

(I’m just remembering ways we normally use to say “I want X samples”. If the purpose is no longer this, I remove this post! :wink: )

Yea the habit going back and editing a single post for each user would be a great simplifier. listbot or not.

instead of

Yup, that’s a thing that happens quite often! However, I don’t know if that would be completely functional, due to multiple posting and because it would have to imply a “self correcting” feature , right? Unless the thread was “clear” of other posts.
Ex: the FW3A thread! It has more than 1500 requests. I required a light at first, and then added another, and then another, making a total of three.
If I had to update a post, considering that I made several in between, I would have to go dozens of pages, thousands or posts and that way I would put my “3” lights before those that already posted their interests.

Imagining that my first request was on the batch #1 (first 600 lights) that would have “special” pakaging or shiping, if I changed my total number of requests, other people would get out of that batch #1, making things more confuse and eventually creating difficulties to pack, ship, pay…

I don’t know, these are only concerns emerging from the discussion.

I must state that I know nothing about bots or whatever, I’m just recognizing the efforts being done here and trying to contribute to it’s success and/or discussion !

Yea in some ways it’s better to post multiple times. As someone that did a buy-list a few years ago on here, it’s the double-checking the list that gets tricky. Opps, this quantity is wrong, read some more posts, oops, it was edited from the original. And when the edit comes with an explanation, it’s easy to miss the edit as just topic chatter during the double-check step.
I like that the problem is being tackled. I’ll leave it to huey18 to toss around some more ideas, it was his idea after-all.

I’m in as long as it comes in titanium, infinitely adjustable brightness and has a deep carry pocket clip…

Yea, then there are ‘these people’ that are maybe in, maybe not - with demands :smiley:

@listbot add 99999999999999999999999999999999