[ListBot] Sandbox for testing bot

I’m in as long as it comes in titanium, infinitely adjustable brightness and has a deep carry pocket clip…

Yea, then there are ‘these people’ that are maybe in, maybe not - with demands :smiley:

@listbot add 99999999999999999999999999999999

…what a mean little raccoon you are…

Blf abide by other rules such as not mentioning GB pricing etc… so if someone really wants to be ‘in’ they’ll take the time to work out how to make their post count. In the case of Joshk’s suggestion of just clicking a button like a poll I think there would be a lot of tire kickers who just click the button then forget about it.

I was thinking of doing the ‘override’ version. The most recent comment is the quantity. At the moment, I am keeping all post. You can see my name on the list more than once.

The limited number or first batch run is a good scenario to consider. Ideally, we can use a sql database to store and timestamp each entry. I can compromise here by storing while hiding previous entries. If a user edits their previous comment the hidden entries will show their quantity when it was read by the bot. I do have control over my own comments, so the community has to believe that I didn’t purposely alter the data. Maybe I can look into a good web cache site to verify. I don’t know how often google’s web crawlers cache sites.

I was partly trying to test the limits of the bot, but it looks like I got booted from the list for trolling.

At least it's not a list that's actually important to my life.

@listbot i'd be in for 4 if they came in plaid .if not just put me down for 2 .

i think i missed your review

Welcome to BLF

Perhaps just adding this to post #1 would simplify it enough…

Instructions:
If you would like to be added to this interest list, copy and paste the following into a comment and edit the quantities as you wish.
-listbot add 0 coolWhite
-listbot add 0 neutralWhite
-listbot add 0 warmWhite

*If you change your mind, simply click your post number in the interest table and edit your comment. Please be patient as the bot only scans for changes 4x per day.

Looks good, though I would use the common abbreviations CW, NW, and WW.

What happens if I quote this? That could be interesting.@listbot add 42

By the way, in case anyone cares, I didn't delete any posts.

I used "invisible ink":

The bot removes all quotes before scanning the contents.

the bot didn’t read it because of the span tag that you used. it is the same case for the (-) sign. Following the ‘add’ should be whitespace then numbers. If not, then it will skip it.

I can consider this option for template. Individual lines for each option rather than a single line. I will leave this up to the organizers, but I will change the code to accommodate this multi line command.

It looks it will be a handy tool. Good work.
How does someone go about using it for their own thread?

The organizer just has to message me to put them on a whitelist. I don’t want the bot to crawl through every updated thread.

-listbot add 3 neutralWhite

Nichia please!

OMG your hidden span tag was driving me nuts! LOL. I spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why the bot was not removing the quotes. I should have just read the source instead of trusting my eyes.

Your comment didn’t fool the bot, but it sure fooled me.