LIVE ! Groupbuy: 26350 cells

Got 2 cells from member khas this week for testing that are supposed to be the same as the ones in the GB.
They are from the same source as WolfA’s samples: This product is no longer available.

7A are still ok, but 10A are definitely too much.
Capacity is a bit more than rated, but nowhere near the 2650mAh WolfA’s Opus BT-C100 measured (most probably the charger is to blame for this).

Slightly unfair comparison:

Ordered 1 pair…thank you

Thank you for testing and reporting. Very good info. A bit disappointing, but that’s not the messenger’s fault. Guess I’ll drive something smallish like a single XP-L using 4S of these cells with a buck driver.

mine (and Mitko´s) shipped yesterday - i will post what my BT-C3100 will meassure

thanks for your work!

Thanks for the test, Light-Wolff!
I didn’t really expect this cells to have half the capacity of a good 26650, and Banggood’s picture in this thread showed a measurement of 2200 mAh, similar to yours - which is still pretty good.

I guess 2 of this cells will well fit a zener modded BLF X6 driver with a MT-G2 or an other 6V LED.

Thank you for testing, it think it’s a good cell just not for high drain application.

2 pairs ordered. Thanks :+1:

Just ordered 2 pairs!

I’m a little disappointed. :frowning: I bought three pairs in the ‘presale’ and they are shipped, coming my way. Now, I look and see they are in a ‘promotional’ sale for the same price. But, if you buy 3+, you get another price reduction! It’s not a large amount really, but I gave up my money early, and someone coming in later can get a better price than me? Not cool! :expressionless:

You have them shipped to a buddy on here and have them reship them to you. It will take longer and cost a little more. But you could get them

+1

without all of us early adopters who joined the list banggood would not have listed that item...

all goods are cheaper the older they are

you can get a better price on a 2013 light as for a just released one.

i do not see a problem?

Weird things are happening with the shipping to some EU countries, gearbest and nkon can send me li-ion bat. with NL Post, but banggood can’t send them but they use NL Post for any other items. I think they are not informed well or something because even if gearbest are doing some illegal sh*t i don’t believe that nkon who are EU based seller will do that also.

Im sorry for the off topic but i just want some reasonable explanation not just “We are sorry we cant send batteries to your location” :slight_smile:

i try to get an answer....

Yes, without us, they wouldn’t have listed… to me, it seems that we should get a better price because we’ve helped them get another product to sell. That is literally how every custom BLF flashlight in the past couple years has worked. They get it to sell because we generate demand. Then, they raise the price after we’ve all got ours. And, in this case, we have all paid up early, so they had nothing to lose. They literally had our money to use to buy their stock which they are now selling to anyone in the world who wants it - for cheaper than what we got.

I understand that products get cheaper when they get older, but we’re not talking about months or years here, just less than a week since they’ve been in stock. And technically, the price isn’t lower. They just added the extra discount for bulk purchase. So, that cheaper-because-it’s-older isn’t even what’s going on. What’s happening is this: By giving up my money for a longer time (since they weren’t even in stock when I ordered and paid for them), I get the privilege of missing out on the bulk discount. If they can afford to give a bulk discount now, they could have also offered it to us who made their new product offering possible by pre-ordering and pre-paying.

The problem I see is that the late-comers are being rewarded for coming late. It should be that we who made the whole thing possible are rather rewarded for putting our money on the line so that banggood could carry a new product that literally cost them nothing (because we paid for it.)

Now, let me clarify my position. I don’t believe that banggood should retro-actively give me any money back to make up for their bad business practice. I think that would be ridiculous to even ask for. After all, it’s only about a dollar difference for three pairs of cells. I just wanted to let them know that they did, indeed, make a bad business decision. They did, indeed, show disdain for those that are actively helping them to succeed. I want banggood to realize it was a screw up and commit to not doing it again. I want them to treat their customers better. I want them to truly earn and deserve the money they get from us, through excellent customer service as well as great product offerings. Is that really too much to ask?

I’m very glad Banggood resells this cells for a reasonable price, so I won’t complain. I pre-ordered 6 cells up to now and if my tests show they are good I will be happy to be able to buy more of them at the current price.

Yes, I want it to be known that I was happy to buy them at the advertised price. No regrets there. Just hurts a little to be that early worm which gets the bird and knowing the second mouse gets the cheese. I’m still eager to get them in my hands so I can play with them!

I’m sure they did it just to upset you. :wink: Probably just decided they wanted to either get rid of stock quickly or promote the sale of lights which could use them. Whatever the reason, the cells weren’t available at a lower price before and they are now. Maybe we did that, maybe not. Possibly could have pressed for a lower price but might have snuffed the deal. I’m not going to worry about it.

7A is still plenty for a triple or quad (2.3A or 1.75A per emitter respectively) and will heat up any even 30mm tube light pretty quick. Now we just need some choices of optics and reflectors between 25 and 35 mm. A 28 mm triple would be sweet.

Anyone get their cells yet?

Rbd, mine was last updated on 07-17-2016. It was headed to Customs then (Kennedy Airport).