[̲̅=LMX=] Firefly Black Friday sale: E07X Canon, NOVMU V2, X1L -Elite- and X1S Pharos

Thank you, It was also from a new email address so it doesnt surprise me it lost in the masses. I am hoping these models are a success I was assuming based on what can be seen on the site there was not as much interest as originally anticipated? dissapointing as the finish on the hosts alone look to be top notch + the driver choice should equal a great light.

re: discrepancy above:
yes it was the CCT of emitter I was referring to.

I will reach out to her again now
thanks!

Several people have asked Ivy and she stated the 4k was the rosier of the two 50.3.

What are the target purposes of the X1L and X1S? The X1S looks like it would make a great general purpose light if it had an XHP70.3 HI with a little more flood than the XHP50.3, which from videos appears to be relatively throw-oriented. How about the X1L with a 70.3HI? I did ask Ivy if there was the option to get a 70.3HI in the X1S but haven’t heard back yet. I’m also not sure what the beam would be like with that head/optic combination.

I saw the few beamshot videos floating around, but they don’t show usage in environments which would highlight the differences to my eyes (either completely open or enclosed with lots of reflection/bounce).

I’m looking for something along the lines of the Zebralight SC700d but with Andruil2, so these are in the same vein, but I’m not sure about the beam patterns (the SC700d really is a great daily driver for just about any scenario).

From the specs,
X1L for brighter spill, longer runtime and brighter High mode, warm light.
X1S for a bit more throw and a bit more portable, ]neutral light

If you like X1L and you like rosy tint, then you can get the XHP70.3 dedomed for free.

1 Thank

I select 4000 for X1L so I don’t think properly warm but it’s not clear what Jack will use in the end before shipping for the LED of X1L

I just looked up the optics on both of these lights and they are both ultra narrow. I’m not quite sure I understand the focus on pure throwers in these form factors. It does look to be a standard optics class so hopefully easy to swap them out, it just seems like an odd choice instead of a middle ground with a good hotspot but also some better spill, vs pure throw.

It’ll be interesting to see what these actually end up being like with the emitters. The beam shots out right now are in scenarios that don’t really show spill well (too enclosed with reflections or out in the wide open without near field objects). Maybe they will end up being quite balanced, it’ll be interesting to see!

1 Thank

I received 3 samples the last week of Jan. All MOA, E07 in 5000k 519A, Novmu 4500k e21A, and x1s with xhp50.3 5000K 90 cri. All really nice except:

E07 lens was dirty and damaged. It looks like dirt, but it wouldn’t clean off even with alcohol. They were upfront about that and are sending replacements. They did include a spare in the box, but it was also dirty/damaged. Weird.

The X1S I got (which they also disclosed) has a firmware bug that causes the standby current to be really high. I measured it at around 5.7 mA with the aux leds off, and between 7.5 and 7.8 mA with them on.

Their solution was to send me the hex file with the fix and reflash the driver, which I don’t know how to do and don’t have the tools to do it.

So, it appears the ghosts of Fireflies past are still lurking around. Otherwise these new lights are really great!

Reviews in progress!

3 Thanks

It’s cheaper for them to send those to you then to have you ship your flashlight back to China. US to China shipping is $$$$.

For flashlight help, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/wj8ze9/need_help_flashing_your_firmware_helpful_people/

1 Thank

Looks like the reviews are out. Significantly lower output than advertised and other issues.

I actually found the reviews to be quite balanced with a few positives too and an overall positive conclusion.

2 Thanks

Yes, this was my take too. Not sure why the prior poster had the impression they did when the reviews were 4-5 stars, and the 4 star review was based on a firmware no end users received. The 1lumen reviews, at least, were quite positive.

1 Thank

Because of this

What I don’t care for is the timed Turbo step down, and the fact that I was shipped a light with not one, but two damaged lenses. They made it right though (and sent another E07X to test on!), but still, that’s a major quality control snafu that shouldn’t happen with a brand-new, flagship light. I couldn’t crack FireflyLite’s 5800 Lumen figure with this test light either. While not a deal-breaker, it’s never a good sign if you’re making grunting noises when tightening or loosening tailcaps and body tubes. Just saying.

It was well short (4300) of the claimed 5800 lumens output.

While I do agree the defective lenses should never have been shipped, they shipped out replacements to the few impacted with the early samples. QC obviously needs some tuning but they made it right, which I suspect is why the light got such high scores in spite of that issue (and others).

The threading thing I’ll be curious to hear about, maybe related to the MAO coating. The reviews of the anodized lights don’t comment on this. Lumen discrepancy I’ll wait to see a few more notes on, that’s such a variable measurement based on how testing is performed I take it all with a grain of salt.

I’m just suggesting the review is significantly positive, and the QC flaw was handled by the company appropriately, so that issue shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

If the torque required for the tail or head is too high for preference or the absolute lumen measurement with that emitter is a deal breaker, then so be it.

It’s not timed, it is thermally regulated. It’s just something specific to the lume1 drivers, only the buck or the FET can be on at once, not both, so the FET is a single step on/off only as on most drivbers the FET is PWMed from 131-149 together with a linear, then FET only and no linear on level 150.

As for firmware bugs, AFAIK the firmware was built from hwdefs created without direct input or testing by TK.

2 Thanks

Well that’s one to pass on to the reviewer at 1Lumens. The reviews don’t appear to have made it to BLF.

For what model?
I think the battery is not like a Molicel so the output is not the same as the molicel do

The battery sold with it is a Vapcell T50, which has a 20A CDR. For the X1S, it’s likely to be driver limited before that, while with the E07X/Nov-Mu v2 it’s battery limited in FET mode.

If it’s a thermal step down then it doesn’t follow the thermal ceiling set in the UI. The output consistently throttled back at about 43-44 C, or around 20-25 seconds, sort of the 65 C limit i set. On my other Anduril lights, the output stays pretty consistent until the thermal limit is reached the. The step down happens. Not so with this E07x. Nothing I did would change this, not resetting the thernal limit, not resetting the UI either. I experienced the same behavior on the E07 2021 I tested also. The Ffl351a version of the light didn’t have the same premature throttling. I don’t know why it’s programmed like that, so if someone can explain it, I’m all ears.

4 Thanks

@loneoceans would be the expert on the driver. They might be able to answer the question.

I suspected it. With Molicel P45B I think there are other results. For the E07X I presume 24 or 25 Amps in FET