Longer spring for NANJG?

Hi,

I finally just got my first NANJG driver converted to FET (e.g., see comfychair-inspired quick+cheap+lazy single-sided 17DD FET-driver (poor man's nanjg92)), and now I put it into my lights (a TF-R2 believe it or not), and with the short spring in the NANJG (the short, evenly-wide type), it’s too short. I can use some longer, e.g., protected, batteries, but even the shorter protected batteries and none of my unprotected or flat top batteries work.

So I was wondering if I can use a longer spring? I’ve seen some people use springs “upside down” on NANJGs, but is that safe, and wouldn’t those potentiall “bend over” and maybe short the battery to the body?

Thanks,
Jim

It’s more likely that a spring bypass come loose and cause a short than the spring bend sideways. They’re pretty stiff that way and battery pressure should compress it straight. You could also put the stock spring on one of those brass pillars. I think the qlite drivers RMM sells have the same diameter straight spring but it’s longer, maybe twice as long.

Referred AK 47 can accept any size spring.

I successfully used without any fails this spring on nanjgs 105c. Upside down of course with recoiled upper part of same spring(hope that is right expression). No any bend overs or fear if done properly. Pre tining before soldering is must.

Hi,

I think I have a pack of those!

Thanks!

Jim