Looking for a flashlight for my 3 year old daughter

your not a very forward thinking prepper, AAAs are not ideal for long runtime, 1AA can deliver more energy then 3AAAs

Yes, I am a forward thinking prepper, there were reasons to add that light to my prepper collection for $1.00, shipping included.

> runs forever on three AAAAs

Yep. Forever.

It’ll still be lighting up at the point in time when those cells have leaked all over the inside of the light, and it’ll go on giving light until they corrode right through the circuit wiring. Of course with AAAAs that doesn’t take all that long.

Old incandescent lights would start to get yellow and dim and people would open them up to look at the batteries.
It was kind of a safety feature, for those using the old type batteries.

What, me cynical?

Yeah. You want to be prepared, you buy Energizer Lithium primaries for those lights you want working forever.
(They also work when it’s freezing cold, unlike most others)

For crying out loud, I’ve been prepping since the early 60s as a child in hurricane country, and a “survivalist” since the mid 70s, who now prefers the suburbanite friendly name “prepper”, adding this light to my collection for a $1.00 is not all that I have done for the last 40 years in regards to lighting and batteries.

I like having long running cheap lights that I can loan, giveaway, and also use alkalines in and not care about them if that comes up.

I don’t want to loan out and giveaway my modern lights, or even my old Lightwave, and CMG lights.

Damn guys, why are you jumping on him like that? As someone whose grown up in hurricane country, and been through a few, having a small light, kinda cute, and able to throw enough light to keep a young girl happy through a 3 or 4 day power outage is awesome.
Remember, there is a human element to things, and a small pink flashlight may be enough to keep a young doughter a bit happier at night.

Because they want to show that their e-peens are bigger and better prepped than his. Yes, they’re idiots.

Back to OP, I bought these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002T2KX7W/

for my boys. I can give them to the boys unsupervised to use as they like, without worrying about eye damage or the expense of breakage. They’ve each broken one so far, I still have a few left.

When I’m carefully supervising them, they get to use some of my lights. Starting with ones that are set to moonlight mode, but as the boys have gotten better flashlight-trained and shown more maturity, they haven’t been restricted to moonlight mode.

As a kid, my FAVORITE light was an off brand Fulton - style military Esque angle head light. Felt sooo cool with it!