Looking for a Headlamp

The Skilhunt H02will do exactly what you want and is lighter than the HC50. I have both. PM either Karen (Gearbest) or Neal (Banggood) and you should be able to get for about $34-$35

+1 skillhunt

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem with it for me is the lack of medium mode. I found 30-50lm brightness to be optimal for my needs most of the time. If it only had another mode between 5lm and 110lm :frowning:

I would seriously look into the armytek Tiara pro or wizard pro. I own both and love them. I purchased the wizard for about $60 last year during a sale. PM CalvinIS with Illumn.com, because he can often price match or beat competitors. It doesn’t hurt to try.

The wizard looks interesting, for $60 I might consider it. Too bad I’m not from US so Illunm isn’t an option.
I would rather get something simpler for lower price though. All I need is 3-4 properly spaced modes with memory and shortcut to low.

Other than the need for 18650 and memory then you may consider the Xtar H2 for $23.xx from gearbest.

"I" never would have thought that the light could suit me without memory and 18650 but really it does and for the money well worth having.

I was thinking about H2, but I don’t own any 16340 (and lots of 18650), which makes it less of a deal. I also don’t like the low capacity of 16340. Single 18650 would last me for a few days, and I would not need to worry about running out of batteries if using higher modes. It also more throwy with the XP-G2, I would prefer a larger LED/smaller reflector.
It’s close, but not close enough for all-in-one headlamp I’m looking for :wink:

Then...since out of the US...Skilhunt may be your best bet. It does have everything you asked for and is only about $10 more than the H2.

You might want to look at the H01 from MaxToch. I am in the middle of a review on it, and am pretty impressed so far. It is VERY floody, and wicked bright. There is also a separate red LED as well. I think BG has them here: http://www.banggood.com/MAXTOCH-H01-Cree-XM-L2-U2-LED-Bike-Bicycle-Headlight-Camping-Hiking-Headlamp-p-984934.html

Didn't know Maxtoch had one...looks good.

Any details on the MaxToch H01? What are the modes?
I have seen it before but couldn’t find any specs on it.
With 800lm max brightness and only 3 modes i’m afraid it won’t fit my needs.

Spark make some very nice headlamps but probably a bit more than you want to spend. Have a look anyway just so you know.

http://www.spark-light.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=22

The SD6 shown here has an optional screw-in reflector that can convert it from pure flood to a more traditional spot/spill.

Modes on the NW are 0.5lm, 12lm, 70lm, 200lm, 460lm.

Spark is over my budget, but who knows, maybe one day they will be on clearance somewhere and I’ll pick one :slight_smile:

Or Maybe MaxToch turns out to be good on the review.

Or Skilhunt make another new version of H02 and do the modes right for me this time.

I have the SD73 and SX5 and I got the SD52 for my nephew. They have all been fantastic. If you can pick one up at a discount you won't regret it.

I also have the Armytek Wizard Pro (1st gen with the issues) which I use outdoors but for general indoor/camp use the Sparks are my first choice.

Zebralight is another brand that people seem to either love or hate but certainly not cheap. Watch for specials on these as well.

What about xtar h3?

I have been thinking about it. Looks like the closest option so far. I may go for it. Not perfect though. I don’t like the mode spacing. 1lm to 70lm is too big of a gap, and 200/400/1000lm are too close. I also would like to get it in NW.
I hope they do a revised version with better spacing. Or if it goes on sale same as H2 was, it would be impossible to resist :slight_smile:

Its recently released, so not likely to have its price lowered as much.
However, Gearbest are selling it bundled with charger for 49$, charger alone costs around 15$ I think, making light around 35$.

Use buy together and save under listings picture.

Ended up buying Xtar H3. GB had it on Flash Sale for really low price and I’ve deduced some points from it as well, so the total was a half of the regular price.

Do I smell a Headlamp Group Buy :slight_smile:

Looks like something everyone need to own a few of.

One more vote for Skilhunt H02.

I have been using it for several months and I am loving it.