Looking for a new 1xAA for EDC

I am currently using a Thrunite Saber 1A on a 14500. With one exception, I really like this light. Biggest flaw is that on a 14500 the medium mode is too bright.

Any other lights that are similar in size and brightness but with usable 14500 mode spacing that I should look at?

How about the L3 Illuminations L10?

The 4 modes suit me well.

Might be too expensive but I love my Zebralight SC52… :slight_smile:

I don’t think the L10 is meant to be used with a 14500.

L10 works great with 14500! I like the mode spacing over “regular” batteries since it’s 2 twists to get usable light instead of 3 with nimh. Moonlight stays usable too. I use AW IMR and had to add solder blob because it was too short.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I like the specs on the SC52. Website says it is 78.2mm long by 23.6mm. Is that 23.6 mm across the flat on the head or the tube diameter? Can you measure the tube diameter and/or across the flat on the head?

I have a DQG 18650 that is 87 mm long by 22 mm diameter on the tube and 25 mm on the head. I tried to EDC it but it was a tad bit larger than I liked.

The SC52 would be shorter and if the 23.6 is the across the flat, then maybe it would be OK.

Thanks for the recommendation; I’ll take a look.

Tube diam. 18mm
Tailcap diam 20mm
HeadDiam over the switch about 24-25mm
Length about 80mm

Didn’t find my calliper so the measurements are not so exact, sorry…

Pre-ordered the DQG, didn’t care much for it so I sold it…

The only twisties I’ve kept are aaa:s…

Much prefer the SC52! :slight_smile:

I might be a bit biased though, really like the Zebralights…

L10 works great with a 14500. The L10 has a world class driver. I test all my single cell lights with a li-ion in the name of science :slight_smile:

I just ordered a Sunwayman S10A, fasttech has it for under $30. 14500 compatible, 2lm low, its a bit long at 105mm, but it fit all my criteria (I’ve been looking for a while):
-Very low mode
-Tailstands
-AA/14500 compatible
-No visible PWM
-High quality finish
-Cheap(ish) (I can’t convince myself to spend $60 on a AA light yet)
It’ll be my first Sunwayman light, I’ve only heard good things about them

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004131/1578001-sunwayman-s10a-little-white-shark-1-cree-xm-l2

Anybody know where to get an SC52? Seems to be no stock everywhere I look; I’m not paying $99 on ebay.

Illumination Supply have it. Use coupon code here

That is tempting.

BangGood has Olight i2EOS XP-G2s for $16 a pop with discount code bgf130. Pretty hard to beat that.

I ordered 2 more this morning, I have them tucked in every first aid kit and glove box, and in every boat and snowmobile and pickup. About 100 lumens for 90 min. when they’re mad, or about 3 lumens for a week if you’re in a bind, all on one lousy little AA.

Looks to me like Olight is discontinuing them, hence the clearance prices. Must not be a big seller, but I love ’em!

The Spark SG5 (reviewed by mhanlen) is next on my list, as I already have a spot lens that will fit it from my SD52 anyway:

I’ve got three coming. Going to try one on 14500. Apparently maintains good mode spacing.

Well spaced modes with 14500;

- XTAR WK41 , Spark SF5.

• Sunwayman S10A is a bit large, but is also good choice with 14500.