Looking for best price on a few high end 18650 protected cells.

Id have to say id but some 3100's for $12 each, But just 2 of them so i can experience them.

Just when you think this thread my die i went and bought more cells, New route tho.

http://www.bestinone.net/

IMR18350-800mAh 3.7V li-ion battery ( 2 pcs) IMR18350 1 $7.40 $7.40
IMR18650-1500mAh 3.7V li-ion battery (2 pcs) IMR18650 1 $9.15 $9.15
Handling Fee: $2.27
Total: $18.82

I have this coming: Ultrafire WF-501A Flashlight Tube CR123 Mini P60 Host and have a MF XM-L drop-in for it to make a pocket rocket once i put the IMR18350 in it.

P60s are very bad for pocket rocket. L2m too. You'd need to fit in the foil really nicely. 1 roll over only so you need to use the correct thickness plus use heatsink compound. Else the output drops like a rock. Buy a lux meter, the output drop is amazing just with normal alu foil tightly wrapped and heatsink compound, about 30%. Without wrapping it with foil it is close to 45% drop, believe it or not. Even the Xeno E03 @ 1.8A with TF Flames drops only 10% approx from time 10 seconds to 60 seconds. Eg 500 lumens -> 450 lumens. Put in a IMR14500 from bestinone.net, 2.4A.

You wanna try tri/quad XP-G @ 5.6A P60s?

Ill pass on that for now, I need to buy more thermal compound before i try that.

Ill have a few R5's that are in a few lights i can swap back and forth if heat becomes an issue. But im very good at heat sinking my lights as i have a long PC background where i modded everything. I don't use foil due to so many air gaps, I use single sheet aluminum .016mm and i plan on getting some copper sheets also and put compound on anything i can.

But with an IMR running a P60 XM-L in a smaller framed light at 3 Amps may very well be too much, But i can always drop back to a CR123 3v primary as i have tons of those i don't use much.

See, Here's the things. I bought all this stuff to play Lego's with and mod drivers and emitters as needed.

If that wasn't the case i should have stopped long ago at 10 cells and 2 lights and 1 charger. Now its just plain absurd with all the stuff i have and no use for 98% of it, But a hobby isnt supposed to make sense is it?

Im broke, And i have enough cells coming in the mail as it is. 200mAh isnt enough to make me jump,yet....

But i do love the idea of the Samsung 3000's tho, Even tho its an oddball i think it could have its uses. It almost has all the right stuff for a high amp direct drive XM-L U2. Only the charger holds me back. Oh and money lol.

btw 4x Pana' 2900's shipped = $42

4x CK 3100 + $6 shipping = $62

Thats why i went with the 2900's.

Maybe 20 years ago while i was in school for EE i would attempt that, But out of my league and patience these days. Its good to see people still able to build what they need instead of buying it, Respect.

I will say i have a new, But unused TF TR-001 sitting here and if an easy fix could be done i may attempt it.

Im almost to the point of giving up on the idea of those 3000's as its just not cost effective, But ill looks like the idea is spreading. But i find this one less usable as 2v will never be seen on a light with protection thats working correctly. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?318573-SONY-s-new-Nexelion-3.5Ah-18650WH1

NANJG made drivers is what im switching almost all my 4.2v P60's too, Luckily the more expensive lights use decent drivers that dont dim your light just because it has a fully charged cell in it.

I think ill leave the charging to the pro's, I dont need a hand grenade i created myself.

I'm also looking for a good protected 18650 battery, Been reading this thread and still confused on which is the best 18650 protected batteries, it seems recommended batteries are unprotected, am I missing something?

So whats the best protected 18650 batteries in the market? already have AW, solarforce and ultrafire.

Thanks

Whats the difference between 18700 and 18650?

Is this protected battery?

thanks

They have been working just fine here also.

Some good measurements and data on this site about XTAR´s.

Thanks Guys,

Just bought 2x XTAR 2600mah 18700's.

unfortunaly Kalliekustoms at $30 usd each shipped to Australia im not keen to try out if they fit out not im sorry.

im thinking redlist they work out 5 usd each cheaper and seam to have better lvc then the aw,s ? and the price is about the same.

the hi-max 2400 and the xtar 2600 could be an option or just keep using my trustfire flames as they all have been good sofar for the price