Looking for charger recommendations

Here's three other AliExpress listings with one thing in common.

1. Some of these come with an adapter for different regions:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832780066551.html

2. Some of these come with an adapter for different regions:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802287712315.html

3. Some of these come with an adapter for different regions:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802595269904.html

As you can see, it's somewhat common on AliExpress for sellers to sell Nitecore UMS2 chargers with an adapter for different regions.

I learned some new information and admitted I was wrong about the current limits of the UMS2. That comment I deleted was based on my understanding that you were arguing against the specs for no good reason which I learned not to be true.

I found the info on CPF due to the google algorithm. But you’re missing the point. I was referencing spec sheets and you were referencing an independent tester who has a three-letter name. Not everyone has been on this forum for 12 years. Not everyone knows who or what an HKJ is offhand. I made the initial mistake of not understanding what you were referencing but I don’t understand why you never clarified when I kept referring to the specs on the product page.

Which is why you should probably clarify the things that you say instead of just repeating them.

“Come with” and “bundled with” are not the same thing. You may not care about the distinction but if you are trying to be helpful to newbies who may stumble onto this thread then it would be a good idea to be more specific.

Sorry, but I didn't know that you didn't know who HKJ is--plus I don't have to clarify anything to you.

I don't have to post in any manner that you see fit.

You're coming across as extremely entitled.

I do not live to serve you.

[quote=CollectEverything] “Come with” and “bundled with” are not the same thing. You may not care about the distinction but if you are trying to be helpful to newbies who may stumble onto this thread then it would be a good idea to be more specific. [/quote]

You're splitting hairs here for about the millionth time.

You got all bent out of shape because I said that a charger comes with a compatible USB charger, which it does.

I don't have to use your exact words to describe anything.

The words that I used are just fine.

Unfortunately, the only language that I know is English, but I know it quite well.

O.K.

I compared the S4+ to the UMS4 and went with the S4+ for
several reasons: I need the 3A charging per slot (I charge a lot of 21700). I also needed the added length the S4+ (although the USM4 can handle 75mm 21700s). The other features I liked were the power supply. Cheaper and more reliable than a USB QC PD adapter. It’s easy and cheap to replace, and it works with any 5.5x2.1mm barrel connector (I have a spare adapter) with a 12 volt output up to 5 amps. I like the interface, and the fact it doesn’t time share current across multiple bays when charging at 2A like the Nitecore UMs do. The NIMH delta and termination is also improved on the upgraded version (I do NIMH occasionally). The iR measurements are more reliable also (albeit 50% high).

I want to apologize to ezarc for participating in this argument.

I don't know if ezarc is offended, but if you are, I'm sorry for helping trash your thread.

Do you have any decent NiMH D cell batteries?

I thought that most NiMH D cells weren't all that great compared to the 3 x AA LSD adapter solution.

I had 4 powerex 10,000mah d cells but 1 was damaged in transit, and 4 Tenergy 8,000mah but 2 arrived dead. Using my old Maha charger with an adaptor for D cells they didn’t charge much or just got high internal resistance errors because of the adaptor is my guess.

I threw out about a dozen batteries the other day that the charger wouldn’t charge too, I’m starting to think it might have been the charger as the charger died went glitchy and unresponsive now as well.

The chargers arrived yesterday.

It only took 18 days to get here from China, which is pretty darn quick.

I need to read the manual, and then my family and I will start using the chargers.

I'm excited because I've never had a charger that charges large cells as quickly as the Vapcell S4 Plus.

Will the S4 Plus operate off an “unregulated” 12VDC source e.g. a cigarette lighter plug in a vehicle, where the voltage may be anywhere from 12 to 14VDC?