Looking for decent 8x18650 - unprotected

I'm looking for a source for 8 good genuine 18650 batteries.

Getting cros-eyed from reading battery reviews. I need help! :Sp

I bought two of these 1p4s - sorry it's 1s4p

-for my 6 (maybe 7) led flashlight build.

Anywhere you guys can recommend for 8x18650 batteries? I would like minimum 3000mAh, with a good 5.0A discharge curve at maximum 5usd/pcs - is that even possible?

I'm in the EU, and know about www.eu.nkon.nl and www.akkuteile.de - but would love to find some cheaper alternatives.

Are these from GearBest any good/genuine?

bump :-)

hmmm - got a couple of questions.

My led setup requires 4.9A (7 led's at 700mAh in parallel ) - does that mean that each one of the 6 batteries discharge at 4.9Ah - or do they discharge at 4.9Ah/6=817mAh each?

I'm asking because I'm not sure if I should look for batteries with a good discharge curve at 1A or at 5A?

And in the battery case description it says: Maximal continuous Discharging current 5A. Does that mean that the case will shut down if discharging current exceeds 5A?

So a total of 8 cells in parallel? For a total of 4.9 Amps distributed between ~7 emitters at 700mA each?

Your total current would be shared among parallel cells. Each cell will need to output 625mA…
Actually a fairly light load. Try finding a decent laptop battery pack and salvage your own cells for cheap!

thanks!

oh - I'm babbling. It's not 6 but 4 batteries in parallel. But I'm making two builds - therefore 8 batteries.

So it's 4.9A (7*700mAh led) from 4 batteries = each battery has to output 1225mAh - Got it! :-)

But what does: Maximal continuous Discharging current 5A mean?

Got it!

Maximal continuous discharge current is the maximum safe level the cell is rated for.

The first post says 1p4s so you will increase voltage, current draw will be the same from each cell, if it’s 5A draw then it’s 5A from all cells, you need the 5A curve.

The product linked is a 1S/4P holder though… my statements are based on the assumption that all cells are in parallel…

Sorry. Its 1s4p

Thanks. But it says Maximal continuous Discharging current 5A - in the description of the battery box. I'm not sure what it means in that context. Will the protection of the box set in at 5A?

Yes, looks like the box has a PCB, that will trip at ~5Amps.

Ah ok, you got it then :slight_smile:

thanks! :-)

Thats what I thought, but wasn't sure if it was a recommended max, or if it would trigger the PCB.

Now I just hope that the 4.9A my setup draws, isn't to close to the 5A threshold :-p

yes,I also want to ask this question.

can someone tell me what is the difference of these two Panasonic NCR18650B from Fasttech:

link1 NCR18650B

link2 NCR18650B

Is the only difference that one is tested, and the other isn't?

I purchased 3 of these 4S1P battery holders from Fasttech.
The protection kicks in at about 7A.

BUT: the wiring inside the holder from the negative contact to the PCB has over 50 mOhm resistance per cell! Altogether, the holder introduces almost 0.4 Ohms resistance.
At 5A continuous, these wires get really hot and even melt the plastic.
The high resistance is because these are steeel wires (spring steel), which is not a good conductor.
I replaced them with copper wires: problem solved.
Unmodified, I wouldn’t recommend them for more than 3A continuous current.

LG MJ1 will have much more capacity than 30Q at 5A.

I recommend buying from FastTech. The MJ1 is $5.68 there while the 30Q is$5.33.