looking for flashlight very short distance and very wide range and very fight from right to left

I think a light without a reflector will be fine in this case, it will just not be very bright at a distance. I find mules are perfect for close up (< 20ft) work.

google convoy s2 and Carlco 20mm Elliptical TIR separately.

one xm-l at 3a will be almost too bright for dark adjusted eyes, even without a reflector, so you do not need to worry about brightness.

i fould this flashlight my last search maybe i take it

voidhawkflashlight

Good quality, very durable; not the latest or brightest, but it might be perfect for what you want.
Also uses standard batteries, unlike the VoidHawk that you’re considering.

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=24

Avoid Voidhawk. They sell cheap Chinese flashlights for x10 the price and unreal claims.

ok THank you for advice :slight_smile:

Also consider the Apex 5T6 , 5 well spaced LEDs with shallow reflectors for a wide spot and a handle to keep your hand away from the heat. A bargain now at only $49

sk 68 w/o the head :slight_smile:

That’s funny right there! “VOID Hawk”?? “Not sold in stores”?? If I could get them to sell me with that kind of enthusiasm I’d have work 24*7!

But it does bring up a question: I’m out of touch with Mag’s latest, but Voidhawk claims this is their Sipk-68 clone vs. a Maglight in “flood” zoom:

Question: Did Mag finally figure out how to eliminate the ugly hole in their “flood” beam? That doesn’t look like any Mag “flood” beam I’ve ever seen.

Sorry to side-track the thread, but it does demonstrate why “marketeering” can’t be trusted. OR it demonstrates that Mag is now a much-better flooder and should probably be recommended for the OP specifications…

i just buy maglite_pro_2d-LED
not big deal as this like it should be low price cost about 55 dollars,
and its very long =)
im not satisfied with it :slight_smile: will keep try to find better one with lil bigger flood and much more light in all area

My friend has Sunca
Its very nice when he face it to the water much light than my colemen led and magilight 2d led 274 lumen 33.000 cd
I hope i find better than my friend light ?

Here’s the deal, if you want a very large flood area, it has to be what is called a “Mule” A modified light that has no reflector. What you want is a modified light and I will tell you how to do it.

You use a SkyRayKing and remove the reflector. You add a metal heat sink, so that the leds are very close to the lens, (1mm or less from the lens). You put a piece of diffuser film over top and with Three XM-L leds, you get lots of light and a very wide pattern close up, with the diffusion film, you get no hot spot, just lots of light in a big area. There are no lights that can be bought stock, that give you a very wide area of light. By very wide, I mean 10 foot circle at 6 feet away. Multiple leds are the only way you will get the amount of light you desire. 3 led or 4 led SkyRay Kings will do what you want if it is modified as I described.

There are many SkyRay Kings on the market. If you want one modded, you can ask someone here. I bet there is a member that is fairly close to you, who could do the mod. Stock lights just do not do what you seem to want to do.

Kinda like the 20mm elliptical in a 3AA or single liion light. I have some of those tir’s( used them in the elf mod) and they seem to produce the beam he wants.

ok what flashlight i can remove the thing and fix the 20mm elliptical ? it will be no spot/focus at all ?

any flashlight will be fine with the elliptical ? i would like to know how many flashlights i can fix that part, and is there other part that have flood and just regular spot ?

can i use ” https://www.fasttech.com/product/1188302 ” without diving ? because i will never dive

yes, thats right, what is best light so make much light when i face it to the water ? also its ok if there is regular spot , as long as its light much when facing in the water,
i can pay 150$ max

This is within your budget: Olight SR Mini Intimidator

seems not wide right ?

The people that are recommending a Mule are obviously doing it based on theory and what they “think” will work.

If you’ve actually used a Mule where you have to look for small stuff on the ground outdoors while walking, you would know that the only way it even begins to work is if you crank the output up to 300+ lumens. And even then, it is less than ideal because 1) you’re wasting a lot of energy and 2) it still doesn’t put that much light on the ground and 3) if you’re using a headlamp, all it takes is for one gnat or some errant water spray or a stray strand of hair to fly in front of your face to disrupt your adapted vision.

When you’re looking for stuff on the ground, you don’t need 180 degree viewing angle. 90 to 120 is actually enough. The most important thing is that the middle 45 degrees be evenly and well illuminated. And for that, the best beams are created by a wide angle flood TIR or a frosted lens over reflector.

The OP can very easily get what he is looking for just by placing diffusion tape over a regular, high power flashlight.

No idea how well it would deal with reflections and whatnot from shinning into the water, but I like my Solarforce s2200. Use medium and maybe low. Good floody light, nice colour rendition, MT-G2 for the win IMO. There are other options of that emitter too, so maybe one of those will do too. The s2200 is in your price range, just. But batteries and charger would be extra.

Actually, maybe a Solarforce K3, its mt-g2, less batteries required, and is on sale now for under I think $70. The MT-G2 produce a nice light.

He is not looking for things on the ground. He wants the light to penetrate water to spot crabs (might be another thread, but he does want it to look at things under water, without putting the light under water) and the like. An arc of around 8 feet from his ‘foots’ and underwater is what he asked for. But the flashlight will remain above the water, only the light emitted need penetrate. But I agree in the end anyway as I think a mule would be worse for all the issues. Glare, reflection, refraction, will be an issue with too much intensity. Ive used incan Maglites to hunt shrimp for bait along the banks of estuary rivers, if it wasnt for the pink/orange glowing eyes you would lose them in the light coming back at you from all angles in the rippling water. I found using the spill light was more effective.

I would think a nicely spread beam from an MT-G2 in a stipled reflector probably on lower settings would suit the purpose.

But Im no expert. Its really just a guess.