Looking for headlamp. Regulated, moddable, inexpensive

I have a WOWTAC A2S.

Here are some shots of the light output PWM at different levels.

Moonlight

Low

High

Turbo

Looks like Low – High uses a 15.2KHz PWM and increases the duty cycle as it gets brighter.
Moonlight and Turbo I see no PWM.
I (assume) Turbo is a constant current affair as opposed to running flat out.
I’ve not tried to get inside so I have no idea how easy it is to mod.
Hope this helps.
All the Best,
Jeff

What about the Fireflies PL47 Gen2? any feedback

Thankyou

Will have to get familiar with this Wowtac, thank you for sharing these graphs. Honestly, I’ve never tried this brand.

FF PL47 v2 is on the way but I’m not sure if led replacement is something I would cope with. Their pcb look quite sophisticated and I’m afraid of screwing something.

Huh? Why is it forbidden to use as a headlamp? Every angle light gets hot if use on high or turbo.

Just reviewed it, nice light, pretty large, brightness certainly isn’t an issue, a few models have had a drooping o-ring inc mine but it hasn’t melted yet!

Why no love for Boruit RJ-02.I thought it was best under <15USD

I might be wrong, but if I remember good my last research, RJ-02 has no regulated current. Moves sensor is not welcome either.

HC30 (W). Smaller, lighter, brighter than H03. About same price as far as I see. I paid around $35 for mine w/coupon (several years ago). They have held value/usefulness better than any other LED light I’ve owned.

Yep, HC30 could be, although it’s 5050 footprint. Ordered H03, we’ll see…

Also the best mod friendly is Convoy H1. It is very easy to dissamble and cheapest. I think the H03 driver and body is glued. And the H1 design is very close to Skillhunt. There is used 5050 XM-L2 led but it is very easy to swap MPCB with another led. It is standart 16mm board.

AFAIK no temp protection