Looking for pocket size maxinum lumens

Im looking for a flashlight with these specs.
More than 1600 lumens
200 metres throw attleast.
Flooder
Can fit normal jacket pocket (20cm x 6cm)
Price under 50dollars
Single emitter (mt-g2 or xhp50)

I did find shadow jm35 but it can’t handle protected batteries :frowning:

How about a Convoy S2+ or C8, With an XHP50 or 70 emitter.

You would need to use x2 18350 though

Edit: a bit more expensive, but here’s a pocket size XHP50 light i did for someone Here

I would like to get it stock. no motivation for mods.

1600 lumens and 200m throw flooder, all in a pocket sized package with no modding??? You don’t ask for much…

So
Jacket Pocket
1600 lumens
10kcd
Under $50
available stock.

I think the available stock under $50 is going to be the hard part.

Also, most protected cells aren’t going to do 1600lumens from a single emitter, so maybe a pop-can light is in order? Supfire M6?

Why only single emitter?

$29.95 with discount code: GBLFA6SE

(Not sure if it meets your throw requirement.)

EDIT: Also, not sure if there any protected batteries that will drive this flashlight to its maximum output. AFAIK, only unprotected IMR or Li-ion cells have the high drain capacity to drive this light to 1600 lumens.

How about this one?
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ec4sw

Not perfectly sure how much this goes for now. But should not be much higher than your budget. Check with M4D M4X for coupon codes.

Unfortunately I think it would have to be a fantastic coupon… BG doesn’t have the MT-G2 version, but they have the XHP50 version…. for $97 :open_mouth:

EC4S with XHP50 would be your best bet… I got mine for much less than the msrp, PM m4d m4x for discount code.

It competes with my triple XP-L modded X6 in terms of brightess and has more throw.

the EC4S is slightly over the price limit set by the OP….
(less than 10)

… and he wants single emitter.

Honestly, if you want a high-output compact flooder, why go for a single-emitter? You can easily get this with a triple emitter light within your size requirements.

You want this without modding? How about ordering a tube light with triple XPL from Mountain Electronics. No need to mod it yourself… RMM will build it to your specifications.

200m throw distance corresponds to 10k lux. This is easily attainable with triple XPL and will give you the wall of light you want. You won’t even need a FET driver. You can probably get that kind of throw and lumen output from maybe 4.5 amps.

Note however, if you did use a FET driver, you’d get around 25k lux (316m beam distance), but unless you use a bigger head light for heatsinking the light will get very hot very fast. You’ll have to use turbo stepdown.

Well if we forget that single emitter…

Dropping the single emitter requirement means you can look at lights with XM and XP led’s instead of just XHP and MT. It gives many many more options. (like soupcan lights)

For under $50?

It’s about the only option I’m aware of to achieve the rest of the requirements though. Very few pocketable MTG2/XHP flashlights out there around $50 to begin with. I know I’m really liking my EC4S for the amount of floody light it blasts out of a tiny little flashlight.

Approximate prices at Mountain Electronics
Host - $9
Triple XPL HI - $20
Driver - $12
Aluminum Spacer - $5
Build and Test - $6
Total: Approx: $52

Pretty close to $50. Depending on the driver you choose you might get it a little less than that. Note that build and test isn’t available right now, probably due to the holiday. I expect it will be back after the 30th.

Did you check out the 2-cell version of the JM35? http://www.banggood.com/Shadow-JM35-CREE-MT-G2XHP-50-1900LM-LED-Flashlight-2x26650-p-984020.html

It can be operated with protected cells (disregard the notation about unprotected cells, that refers to the one-cell version). The one-cell version is 13cm, so the 2-cell version is probably very close to your maximum 20cm criteria (I’m unable to verify actual length). And its list price of $44.99 is within your budget. (Cheaper: here)

Note: I debated the merits of this flashlight and the Nitecore EC4S long and hard before making my purchase decision. The JM35 MT-G2 2-cell had better tint, slightly more comfortable handheld form factor, longer runtimes, and seemed to have slightly better throw. The EC4S had a lighter and more compact form factor, better UI, and more “bells & whistles” (e.g., battery indicator) - albeit at the cost of vampire drain. The EC4S was $20 more expensive for me, out of pocket expenses. If I had not already owned a set of 26650 cells and a 26650 charger, the cost of the two flashlights would have been virtually the same.

Don’t we need to add an optic to the build? And I couldn’t find any 16mm triples to fit the $9 Convoy S2 hosts, were you suggesting a different host?

With shipping, I would have guessed the total cost to have been somewhere closer to $60.

Not that it makes a difference, seeing as Richard has temporarily halted assembly of these customized flashlights.

IMHO-your size requirement is the toughest criteria to meet.
The 60mm length requirement removes all 18650 powered lights.
So it must be a 18350 or 16340 powerhouse.

I’d say build a Convoy S2+ shortie.
( and it will still be way over 60mm long)

Travis:

:wink:

BTW, that’s a big jacket pocket! For me, I’d have put a length limit of 16cm.