Looking for pocket size maxinum lumens

Well if we forget that single emitter…

Dropping the single emitter requirement means you can look at lights with XM and XP led’s instead of just XHP and MT. It gives many many more options. (like soupcan lights)

For under $50?

It’s about the only option I’m aware of to achieve the rest of the requirements though. Very few pocketable MTG2/XHP flashlights out there around $50 to begin with. I know I’m really liking my EC4S for the amount of floody light it blasts out of a tiny little flashlight.

Approximate prices at Mountain Electronics
Host - $9
Triple XPL HI - $20
Driver - $12
Aluminum Spacer - $5
Build and Test - $6
Total: Approx: $52

Pretty close to $50. Depending on the driver you choose you might get it a little less than that. Note that build and test isn’t available right now, probably due to the holiday. I expect it will be back after the 30th.

Did you check out the 2-cell version of the JM35? http://www.banggood.com/Shadow-JM35-CREE-MT-G2XHP-50-1900LM-LED-Flashlight-2x26650-p-984020.html

It can be operated with protected cells (disregard the notation about unprotected cells, that refers to the one-cell version). The one-cell version is 13cm, so the 2-cell version is probably very close to your maximum 20cm criteria (I’m unable to verify actual length). And its list price of $44.99 is within your budget. (Cheaper: here)

Note: I debated the merits of this flashlight and the Nitecore EC4S long and hard before making my purchase decision. The JM35 MT-G2 2-cell had better tint, slightly more comfortable handheld form factor, longer runtimes, and seemed to have slightly better throw. The EC4S had a lighter and more compact form factor, better UI, and more “bells & whistles” (e.g., battery indicator) - albeit at the cost of vampire drain. The EC4S was $20 more expensive for me, out of pocket expenses. If I had not already owned a set of 26650 cells and a 26650 charger, the cost of the two flashlights would have been virtually the same.

Don’t we need to add an optic to the build? And I couldn’t find any 16mm triples to fit the $9 Convoy S2 hosts, were you suggesting a different host?

With shipping, I would have guessed the total cost to have been somewhere closer to $60.

Not that it makes a difference, seeing as Richard has temporarily halted assembly of these customized flashlights.

IMHO-your size requirement is the toughest criteria to meet.
The 60mm length requirement removes all 18650 powered lights.
So it must be a 18350 or 16340 powerhouse.

I’d say build a Convoy S2+ shortie.
( and it will still be way over 60mm long)

Travis:

:wink:

BTW, that’s a big jacket pocket! For me, I’d have put a length limit of 16cm.

do we have something like this,but with side switch??

The only thing that is sort-of pocketable, and produces lots-a-lumens stock, small, costs less than $50, is well built with great quality, is a Shadow JM35 MT-G2.

Convoy S2 or Eagle Eye A6 (if you can get the BLF version get it) the C8 and those larger heads make them not “pocket” friendly…

Did some research and find out that some ppl used keeppower protected on jm35 with success. I have 2x soshine 5500mah protected on the shelf without any use (sold my only 26650 light and batteries was left behind.) hjk test report says 8a protection circuit trip. Has anyone tested these on jm35?

I have a EVVA 26650 4000mah cell in my JM35, it works great. I also tested some high-drain 18650’s with a sleeve, (20R , 25R, etc and all ran the light with no problems. I have not tested my various protected 18650’s yet though.

Funny you should mention it.
I’m looking for a new Woman, She must be: Under 25 / minimum 5’ 9” / Employed as a Swimsuit model /under 107lbs / tiny waist with legs up to the ceiling / Prefers to eat at Denny’s

i can vouch for the BLF A6 doing at least 140m throw and if you do the spring bypass with good cells you will hit 1600lm

1. Yeah you need an optic. They’re pretty cheap though.
2. A 20mm triple star fits just fine in these tube lights, even though the original star is only 16mm. The top of the spacer is completely flat so there is sufficient room.
3. Including shipping price is probably closer to $60.

Jaza also have in consideration what runtimes you’re looking for in high/turbo. No tube light exceeding 1,000 lumens will give you more than 3 minutes before getting too hot to hold… I love my convoy triples but when I need a light to work consistently on high modes I always take my bigger lights.

well,i think,i will buy it…just please,help me-i like the neutral bin colour…sure not the cooool white of the coolest…
how are differences between the tints?
and how to choose the mode group please?looks very bright this flashlite i guess

Reference: BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread

The reference link shows a couple of beam shots. However, tint is in the eye of the beholder. It is very context sensitive.

Personally, I ordered all three tints because (1) I couldn’t decide which tint to get and (2) because I felt the additional cost per flashlight was worth it. I ended up with one anodized (3D) and two bare aluminum (1A and 5A). While the 1A is clearly the brightest, it is the one that gets the least use. And while I like warm tints, I find that the 5A tint is a little overcooked. I tend to use the 3D tint the most.

As to how to switch mode groups, follow the instructions under “Link to text instructions” in the reference link, above. Note: When ordering the flashlight you do not have a choice of mode groups. Mode groups are user-selectable when you operate your flashlight. If you have any problems operating the flashlight or choosing modes, ask for assistance in the reference link.