Looks like a professional driver for once 3-18V - 30W

Any thoughts on automotive applications for this one? 12V-14.6V falls in the range of this but maybe not in a sweet spot? Ive had my eye on a xml offroad light project for awhile....

This would work well with a 12v source for three XM-Ls.

There are cheaper alternatives for 12v, as you don't need the boost circuit. The DRY driver from cnqualitygoods.com is five bucks, for example. Manafont has a $5.80 offering as well, even if their version is a bit bulky.

Dont want to derail the conversation too far away from flashlights but the DRY is DD so I figured it would pop given a car batterys amp potential. This one seems to be regulated with the 3 amps for 3-4 xml configuration and 5 amps for single XML

Sorry, I should have specified the 2.5A max version. Thanks for the catch.

I am curious to see how the temp function is implemented, and its adjustability.

I will be ordering this depending on your findings when you receive it and post your opinion.

Actually, I'd assumed 3 xmls would still "only" pull 5A each if I used a DRY driver in turbo mode (direct drive) w/ my deep cycle 125AH lead acid battery, depending somewhat on the quality of wiring and connections...

Not saying I don't believe you, just that there's something I don't understand. I guess the deep cycle would have 0 voltage sag (even w/o being in a running vehicle w/ alternator). I know it doesn't have any trouble sustaining > 40 amps to my trolling motor:)

try this one instead ;) http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020121

one of the guys on fotonmag forum (czech) wrote kd to include non blinky modes and they did!

I would like a 3 mode driver with a 30mm base for 3 x Xm-l's with either 3 amps for series or a 9 amp parrallel with a minimum max voltage of 14.8 volt.

Or i would like a 3 mode driver with a 30mm base for 5 x Xm-l's with either 3 amps for series or a 15 amp parrallel with a minimum max voltage of 14.8 volt.

I know I'm dreaming on a 15 amp driver but there should be some thing around 30mm with 9 amps out put a good SST-90 driver in that size ?

I checked this driver, with SST50 it goes 2.8A on led (3.8A tailcap) with one cell and 4A (2.4A tailcap) on 2 cells, driver blinks twice on 1 cell, so it would propably shut off after 3 minutes as mentioned in description. And guys, it is not protected to polarity reverse, smoked mine in 1 second trying to connect wrong way to battery pack... ;)

Single mode only that I'm aware of, and it's around $50 on CPF.

Does anyone make single cell,constant 3-4A current, non amc driver, which would be step up-step down?

There are no torch-sized drivers that I'm aware of that fit that description.

AMC drivers rule the roost for single cell apps.

The Beamtech BT4000 torch has a single cell driving 3 XMLs, so it may be what we're looking for. I'm waiting on the first examples to land in the hands of some members here.

I have ordered one as first as they showed on ebay and wait for it :) Other case willbe my own project of Shadow JM07 Pro, which I want to make 3x XML with ledil cute optics. If no other way will be found, it will ba a biiig amc sandwich ;)

Any news about this driver?

Have you already tested with 3*XM-L in series?

I have not tested this driver yet, sorry.

I'm awaiting delivery of a proper host and will report back when it arrives.

Have your proper host arrived yet?

I'm also interested to hear/read your views on this driver

Thnx

I'm interested how well it would drive 5 XML in series on 3 26650 batteries. Judging by the battery board size (26mm) it would fit TrustFire TR-J12 quite nicely

anybody tested this driver yet?

I noticed that KD will customize the driver for use w/ single cell by removing low voltage function

I think i’m going to ask if they can do low voltage protection for single and dual cell (3V and 6V).

Rebump. Chicago-X, did you end up using this driver in a build?

Got this driver two days ago but it seems to be defective - output is only 0,4A max powering 3x XM-L2 in series from 12V input.
from 2x 18650 I only get 0,2 A max, 0,06 A medium and 0,015 A low at the leds.
At the moment I’m discussing RMA with Kaidomain :frowning: