Low budget studio :D

How is avoiding a high color rendition light source KISS? It's exactly the opposite.

A camera will register all the subtle variations from whatever enters its lens. To make an easy to understand example, just get an extremely low CRI emitter and take photos or film with it. The photos will be poor and any filmed video will be poor, comparatively speaking that is. And while you can edit photos and videos this is an unnecessary and time consuming additional work, particularly the latter. Crap in, crap out.

It is absolutely advisable to get a light source with high CRI or color rendition, the higher the better.

Speaking of lenses, nothing beats the wonderfully uniform blanket of light coming out of an aspheric or plano-convex lens (zoomies), or the beam from a nice medium or wide beamTIR lens. The aim is to get a light source with a uniformly illuminated beam, without radical tint or intensity variations. This does not mean a reflector light source couldn't be used, but as a rule it would only be really useful to film or shoot anything strictly inside its hotspot at the proper distance.

If you don't like the above, it's fine. You just will have to deal with the consequences.

Yongnuo YN360 are my favourite studio lights. I have used XM-L2 Convoy S2+ for portrait lighting too!

Maybe because you have no idea about photography :p

The next silly advice would be to tell a lay person to buy an LED above BBL etc..

There is no good point in trying to judge anyone in any way, you should know.

While I don't consider myself an expert in photography, I am far from a layman and know about related stuff.

If a proper light source doesn't really matters, you could also use something like a white flat green and get more lumens/throw or biased efficiency in exchange. I am sure any work done with it will require some additional postproduction work.

If you wanna me take that to the extreme, go with a monochromatic led.

Versus ideal light sources leds still need to improve quite a bit, imho. People too.