Low-cost copper pills, spacers, optics, drop-ins (Updated 23/10/2022))

Are you sure?
If it so, it took just 8 days.

Yes, very fast this time.

Did you just change the title? Either I’m mistaken, or it’s not right. It looks like the minimum order is 50 grams, not 50pcs (pieces).

No, title was changed a month ago.
There is still no minimum order for parts from the stock or even for custom spacers.

Hello Kiriba-ru,
I will send you a PM, for some Convoy S2+ parts.

Thanks much!
~Daniel

I received an x6 spacer with a pre-soldered noctigon and two optics a few days ago, packaging was superlative as seems usual for kiriba-ru and he was also kind enough to ship it back a second time after there was some problem with my post office on the first try.

It fit perfectly in the host and the build was easy, apart from the noctigon+spacer combo taking a lot of time to heat up for reflow, but I don’t think there’s any way around that. Here are some thoughts on the finished light.

Anyone else interested in M8 (mini C8) regular design pill with retaining ring and made from copper?

I am, but since I don’t plan on getting more M8’s than the one I already have I would have to choose either the quad or the single emitter pill.

Made a batch of M2 sets for custom order last week. Have several extras for sale.

This one have aluminium ring with bigger groove for 1.5mm gitd o-ring (included).
$11 piece.

Please tell me more about that Q8 pill.

Please wait a little, after milling operations I will send one sample to djozz to know his feedback.
I think all that I can say know can be found in teaser picture. 4 triples, two parts, all holes and slots pre-made. Just put in, solder wires and go. Plug and play :slight_smile:

Interesting … Do you know the range of their price ?

No prices until sample is tested.

I just want to make Q8 kit as ready-for-use as it is possible. Still thinking about coating, copper version, trit slots and etc.

I’m not sure I get the point of this….
XHP50.2 conversion starts at roughly $35 in parts. CRI90 somewhat more.
Here you pay $27 for MCPCB and optics. What LEDs would one put in to deliver significantly better output than that of XHP50.2?
OK, you can save $3 by going with kaidomain ones instead of carclo / noctigon.
OK, lovers of specific tints will surely like it. Other than this what can one put here?

• Dedomed XP-L V5/V6. There are 4 LEDs bundled with the light, which makes this option cheap. Say $45 + heatsink. But won’t beat XHP50.2.
  • XP-L W2. $69 + heatsink, still not much better than XHP50.2
  • XHP35 HI. $82 + heatsink + driver. More efficient at high current than XHP50.2. Buck driver(s) this powerful will be expensive. So will be boost. Linear ones don’t exist. FET-only? Will work, some will like it.

So I guess I’m missing something. Could you show some combos which you expect to be popular?

Im against 2s2p mod in Q8. It is not safe without battery carrier. I will never suggest such mod if you dont have enought experience.
XHP leds under reflector always have great color and tint shift from spot to sides. And in most situation you have green tint neverless cri level mentioned on package.
I dont know how do you calculate. Driver+mcpcb would cost near $25. $10 for four XHP 50.2 cri90? Never heard.
I would not use cree leds in such mod, nichias only.
I think 4 optics+pcb sets are only $18.
Output is not self-target. I dont like reflector beam. Dont like new cree leds.
My kit will be made to use with stock driver, just 4 triple boards in parallel.
I never foresee blf members wishes right, usually when I expect good demand it is bad and vise versa.
Usually, custom made lights are more expencive because you get leds, optics and electonics two or tree times more expensive than astrolux can get. I dont know exactly, but I never heard about problems with M2 quad (but have heard some about astrolux).
Why it is needed? Just because here are enough people who like M43 beam, but always wanted little better heatsink and other UI driver.

I see your point. As to the calculation, I assumed zener mod of the stock driver and assumed the cost to be negligible (maybe wrong). €8 for PCB + 4 J4 diodes from FastTech (I didn’t try hard to optimize the price) = $36.4.

How are you going to connect batteries to the driver? Zener mod is not 2s2p.

I didn’t put enough thought into that. I remember reading about the tail PCB being reconfigurable, but didn’t think about the front. I guess it’s not that simple?