Low-cost copper pills, spacers, optics, drop-ins (Updated 23/10/2022))

Aluminium spacers for X6 are ready.
Hope thay can fit any X6 host (thanks to you Lars).

Please PM me for the M2 Spacer and liner setup. I would like to know how many are in stock and what shipping would be.
Thank you!

Set for Mag D - consist from aluminium drop-in and copper pill - $16

Screwing pill is adjustable. Requires enlarging reflector hole to 16mm.

Deep place for 30mm driver

Brass adapter for 20/22mm drivers. Drivers should be press fit, while adapter and drop-in should be “punched” at the edge. Sold separately - $3

Brass adapter+retaining ring for 17mm drivers. Sold separately - $9

New retaining rings with extended height and milled slots for tight screwing. Can fit any 2-side 17mm driver.

*Please consider few things according this photos

- I have used cheap strips with ~8000K LEDs for my lightbox. Back paper is white.

• I have small experience in cleaning parts from brass and aluminium and had to try different ways by practical consideration this time (after several mixes I have made drop-in black by accident :open_mouth: )

I like it, might have to get another MAG Light to build? Could a Loc-Ring be made for the copper sink?

I didnt think about lock-ring. I think if you want to fix pill from screwing, you can use thermal glue or even just paste. Rigid wires comming from driver can also prevent pill from rotation.

Looks awesome!

Depending on how long and heavy the leads are and how loose the pitch to pitch is, I was just thinking that it might just un-wind itself, I leave enough wire to service the insides if need be, or to change drivers and I usually wind the excess up at the driver and stuff into the driver cavity.

Just saying….

Got my parts in today,great packaging and quality.

Will there be any more M2 spacers available at some point?

Also, are there any photos of the D mag heatsink above installed in a light? Having not pulled a D mag apart before I’d love to see how it all goes together.

Yes, there will be few more M2 kits in this month.
I have sent Mag D sample to one blf member (I dont have host, it is hard to get original us-made host out of states while I was not sure that chinese versions have same dimentions), he should recieve it in one-two weeks and check fitment, hope he can make photos of installed kit.

Thanks very much, I look forward to hopefully seeing their photos.

I recently build Convoy M2 Quad with the kit that kiriba-ru sells.

The kit it self is very good machined and easy to work with. I used Noctigon board that i sanded down to 20mm since the kit is designed for 20mm tpad quad boards.

If anyone is thinking about building quad M2 but can’t get those tpad quad boards now can do it with the Noctigon ones since they are easily available worldwide.

@kiriba-ru
You should consider making the M2 quad kits fit Noctigon boards because they are more easily available for everyone.

I dont know exactly, but probably several M2 kits that will be available this month would be last produced. I need to shorten parts list, to make only popular ones with 50pcs moq and much better quality on cnc lathe.
As for 21mm quad boards, I have new P60 shells that can fit this boards.

I do know the Richard at MTNelectronics.com has quad MCPCB boards available that fit the M2 Spacer heatsink that Kiriba-ru makes and there are plenty of boards in stock.

When is the m2 kit ready? I would like one.

Till end of August

I also know that, but shipping from USA or even AU (Cutter) is rather expensive. So for the people who can’t source those tpad boards for cheap the noctigon boards are only reasonable choice.

[quote=BobbyMK]

Oh ok I totally see what you are talking about and agree!

And one more improvement.
New P60 shells and S2+ pills will have custom extended height and ID retaining rings with milled slots (same to those one that are shown several posts above together with Mag D kit). This tiny things take lots of machining time, but I think this is necessary upgrade, now there will be no need in filing and sanding OD to fit two-side driver, slots for screwing will work as they should (previous ring from fasttech had small centering holes that usually were far away from 180 degree orientation to each other), also I hope that problems with unsrewing this rings (once was mentioned in this thread) will totally dissapear due better threads quality and extended ring height.
Based on written above, I have set discount price for old P60 shells and S2+ pills. New impoved parts will be available in september for normal price.

So your s2 pills and retaining rings work with 2 sided drivers?