Low profile tail switch?

I’ve been working on this project and it hasn’t worked out with as much space as I was expecting. I need to find a low profile tail switch to finish it off. It is an old light that I have completely re-worked the insides because stock light was just full of yuk. It is an mtg-2 run from single 26650. I’ll have roughly 5mm extra space at the rear if I use my unprotected cells. I have a lathe and expect to machine something to make it fit but I’m doing a lot of head scratching trying to come up with something. I have some omten switches which I thought would easily handle the current but they’re not exactly compact. So does anyone have any suggestions? Even suggestions on how to make the tail end would be good. I’ve kind of moved on to another project because I couldn’t come up with a game plan for this. The original tail is much the same as the bezel, it’s just a ring. If I can still use the ring that’d be good since the back end won’t look out of place. This is the light - Really small 26650 light - TrustFire Cree XP-E R2 w/video

Protected cell with omten switch sitting on the cell

Non-protected cell

If you’re going to be using a lathe to make something, why do you need low profile? Are you trying to keep overall length short? Trying to have only existing parts showing on the outside?

Edit: Sorry, just read it again, and saw that you’re hoping to use the existing back end so nothing will look out of place. Could you strip the existing body so that a new back end in bare metal would not look so strange? Or, make just an extension tube a centimeter long or so, and put it between the battery tube and back end. A short ring of bare metal shouldn’t look too out of place, I think.

Hmm… I hadn’t thought of those things. I’ll think about it now, thanks.