LuckySun D80 29K LUX! @ 3.65A, AR lens, SS bezel, XML 18650, 41mm head. Integrated pill

Those of us that have purchased this beautiful light, what brand 18650 cell are you all going to use in it, whether protected cell or unprotected? The best 18650’s I have at this time are my Redilast 2900mAh’s

Any suggestions?

Apologies are due for BLF Members and DinoDirect: There was a misunderstanding on the mechanics of using the Coupon, but Gabby Gaby has put much work into making the Transaction go smoothly, sorry …

Flomotion/ Boyd

:beer:

hjccc, no thanks. We don’t like spam.

For all the spammers out there, check out hawaiianbudgetlightforum.com

They love spam! :party:

Muto is reporting 4.5 amps on turbo.

Turbo certainly seems to be full direct drive so it just depends on what your battery can provide. Its just calling out for a copper braid in the tail and a noctigon star!

Gearbest sent an XM-L. But they are advertising only XM-L.

Has anyone got DD light is it XM-L or XM-L2 as GearBest is XM-L

Simple question: Is this a really good and bright light for the price? Has anyone tried it out?

review

I have the GB light and it looks like quality, I have not had a chance to test the Amps.

How2, is your GB one XML?

Battery choice seems to be up to how many amps you would like on turbo. I read that Redilast 2900 are panasonic NCR18650 cells. HKJ test of Redilast 2900 Those should work as long as your not looking for high amps.

To push some higher amps I might get some Evva NCR18650PF 2900 or NCR18650BD 3200 from RMM. RMM lists that the protection trips at 7A, more than enough for me.
HKJ 18650 comparator. I believe the Keeppower 3200mAh is NCR18650BD (for comparing charts).

The coupon code sun for Lucky Sun D80 flashlight is valid until Nov. 4th in Chinese Time Zone. If there are some want it, please hurry up :wink:

Very upsetting, the order I placed on 10/27 for the Lucky Sun D80 isn’t going to be shipping for an unknown amount of time. It seems DinoDirect ran out of them and are looking for a new suppier. The following is the email notification I just received.

We are sorry that your recent order is delayed. We understand your disappointment and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused to you. We experienced an unusually large number of orders of this product, which disrupted our normal delivery schedule. Recently the items are in extremely short supply, we are trying to switch to a new supplier. Once it is available, you order will be at the top of our delivery list.

I may cancel the order, I’ll decide tomorrow.

I haven’t got that email yet. Hope they restock fast and I never receive that notice. :~ I’m hanging on to DinoDirect at the moment since I want XML2.

Please do not worry. Your order has been marked as the most important one. It will be delivered as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks Gaby, As good as your word :wink:

Hi folks, As soon as DinoDirect showed they restocked the flashlight, mine was shipped within 2 hours of them having it in hand. So it actually shipped several days ago. Looks like I’ll have my Lucky Sun D80 in a few weeks.

Well I’m glad the coupon was expired when I thought about ordering it, or I would have had another purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

The GB code seems to be working. Just tried it a minute ago, didn’t order though. Link to thread 1st pg. Code: LSD80. $19.99

Mini 16340 one was $15 with code

Just received my Lucky Sun D80 today. Tracking didn’t show it was going to be delivered today, so I’m glad I was home to sign for it.

Cardboard display box and foam were perfect, and this Lucky-Sun D80 1x18650 flashlight is a true beauty from end to end. Color temp is a bit on the cool side, I’d say about 6000k. AR lens looks fantastic. The one thing I need to verify is it appears to have an XM-L T6 and not the XM-L2. The LED centering ring is blocking the star it’s mounted to, but I thought I can see a green star and not white. I’ll dismantle it later to verify this.

Anyway, on a Redilast 18650 3100mAh charged to 4.11v, I get 3.30 amps at the tail cap, and moon-mode is nice and low and very useful. Thanks DinoDirect.