LuckySun D80 29K LUX! @ 3.65A, AR lens, SS bezel, XML 18650, 41mm head. Integrated pill

yeah, a great idea, just a Cu PCB and a XML2 emitter- voila

Forgot to add that it has steel atack head an the driver has a moonlight mode(or at least low enough low mode) too, but thats maybe well known

Just remove the SoS + strobe, and it will be a great - btw, something wierd, sos is just behind the Turbo mode
Turbo( its actualy a DD mode), SoS, High, Middle, low, Strobe
Can this be “cured” somehow? Cause the driver is good enough

An update:
Swapped the XML default emitter with U3-2A dedomen on Cu board( was realy a pain though, old one was hard glued), and the driver with LD 1 ( :bigsmile: ) . For not to shorten the driver, cause the containing ring was too thick, i had to machine sand it:

Those new Cree XML2 emitters are hard to be pushed as the old U2 ones, i barely reach 4.2apms with fresh out of the charger hot 25r

I even dare to compare it with slightly pushed ( 3.4Apms at tail) Javelot- after dedoming, both flashlights have absolutely same tint- arround 4500k
Distance is 58 meters, from hand to spot(± 0.5m)

2 times lighter, pocketable and 1/2 cheaper( with the new emitter and the ld-1, atm Javelot can be found for 70:money_mouth_face:, i think it can be a gread edc, or even a thrower of some sort- will gradly test it while hunting

Very cool miko - two questions from me …

Are the reflectors about the same diameter ? The javelot looks a lot bigger right ? But the hotspot is not much different !

Second question- - I’m new to driver boards - can you post a link to the driver you used ? Thank you and really nice work :wink:

Ofc Javelot is brighter, but its head diameter is nearly 2x, cant be EDC for sure, and its heavier too
LS D80 can be actualy a very good gun mount up to 200-300m- hunting without optics, i do practice it often, the Jalevot beam is quite narrow, and it will frighten the animals if used at that close range
Plus, LD 1 driver has better UI( for me at least) , you`ll have issues twisting the head on the Lavelot in order to swap modes , especialy when outside temps are minus 15-20 degrees C

For the LD 1 , look at the SALE subforum

somewhat less than cool.but i doubt a spambot/xrumer looks at forums to find more targets

Just found this flashlight.
“BLF D80 Special Edition CREE XM L2 Water-resistant LED Flashlight - 1100Lm 5 Modes 5500K 1 x 18650 Battery”
http://www.everbuying.com/product772324.html

Ha! :smiley:

I have a team of BLFers working on this SE light…but it is not even close to being finalized, and I haven’t started a GB thread as of yet.

Not sure why it is showing up on this website. Could be a sister website to the vendor I am working with…but I don’t know.

We’re checking into it. :cowboy_hat_face:

I have a XP-L HI V3 2B on 21mm x 1.6mm direct thermal path copper lying around and want to put it in my
Luckysun D80!

Any guess on the improvments of this swap!? I think it will throw much more ...!??

I don’t know, but it will be interesting to see!

Mine has a dedomed XP G2 S2 1D with BLF DD driver and bridged springs.
Output with Cony VTC5 = 86Kcd. With Samsung IMR2500 slightly less.

Nice!

Grtz
Nico

@ Nico:

How do you managed to remove the led base!? I have scratched the old aluminium base like hell but it would'nt go off!!!

O? I’ll check with my personal modder in Germany and get back to ya. :wink:
I did not do this modd myself, so…….little patience pls.

Grzt
Nico

Bytheway: since you are located in Germany, why not join the German flashlightforum TLF (Taschenlampen Forum)?
Lots of expertise there and lots of helpfull members.
Not unlike overhere :wink:

Grtz
Nico

... Dank je wel! ;-)

Hey, no poaching members! :smiley:

You cant poach quality…

Remove the driver: there is a opening in the led shelf through which you can push the led board out.
It takes some effort, but is really no problem this way.

— accordign to my favourite German modder —

Good luck!

Grtz
Nico

Bytheway: “poaching”? Nah….not really. But if I spot a flash-o-holic living in or near Holland I will advise him (or even her! :slight_smile: of the German forum as they have several annual meetings that are lots of fun.

Thanks for the tip - I will try it!! ;-)