LuckySun D80 29K LUX! @ 3.65A, AR lens, SS bezel, XML 18650, 41mm head. Integrated pill

I think in the future when a new flashlight is being offered to the forum, we really need to have a sample sent to a member first, and have that member confirm the light is being sold as advertised. This type of thing is happening much to often around here.

It’s why that other new vendor selling the “NiteCorn” (Enova clone) charger was put through the ringer by us, just to name one.

Sorry that we delivered the Cree XM-L U2 rather than XM-L2. Currently, we are testing the XM-L2 stability. But the Cree XM-L U2 is still very good to use.

Anyway, it is our mistake. As compensation, we will send $5 coupon code to make up for you who have bought Lucky Sun D80. Please PM me with your order number. I will reply with $5 coupon code. Thanks for your understanding.

PS: The $5 coupon code can not be used with special discounted products.

PMed you just now, Boyd

What’s the deal, I logged into my account. I had a credit for the coupon, then I was supposed to get 5 dollars, for no XM-L2, now I have no credit, explain please?

Ok, Have 5 Dollar Coupon, and 5.40 Discount, Thanks Gaby

Please used the code before 31th Dec. It will be expired then.

Since my Fl madness growed, i ordered that light too for evaluation…and i am happy surpriced
I took it from Gearbest, but i nearly forgot tha i bought it, the shipping time got delayed alot,yet, it came yesterday

The build quality is good, same level as Eagle Eye X6, it has AR lens too, nice looking body, more pocketable that C8, and has same beam pattern as Ee X6 BLF etition, but the hot sport i smore sharp, not that blurred

Now, to the point:

ANd the battery wasnt even fully charged….like 4.1 at start…

Came with a XML emitter , but thats an easy swap, the driver is a beauty, it keeps high levels ( above 2.4amps) even before shutdown, the flashlign has a driver battery warning and shutdown too, which is great

Came well packed in its default case

The bad thing is that the emitter PCB is glued, and the driver pull out isnt that easy to do job

For 20$, i think this might be a great deal, i like it as much as my X6 now

X6 manage the heat better btw, i have one modded with LD1 driver, running same amps

It is a great light. Wonder if it would make a great SE light…hmmmm :slight_smile:

yeah, a great idea, just a Cu PCB and a XML2 emitter- voila

Forgot to add that it has steel atack head an the driver has a moonlight mode(or at least low enough low mode) too, but thats maybe well known

Just remove the SoS + strobe, and it will be a great - btw, something wierd, sos is just behind the Turbo mode
Turbo( its actualy a DD mode), SoS, High, Middle, low, Strobe
Can this be “cured” somehow? Cause the driver is good enough

An update:
Swapped the XML default emitter with U3-2A dedomen on Cu board( was realy a pain though, old one was hard glued), and the driver with LD 1 ( :bigsmile: ) . For not to shorten the driver, cause the containing ring was too thick, i had to machine sand it:

Those new Cree XML2 emitters are hard to be pushed as the old U2 ones, i barely reach 4.2apms with fresh out of the charger hot 25r

I even dare to compare it with slightly pushed ( 3.4Apms at tail) Javelot- after dedoming, both flashlights have absolutely same tint- arround 4500k
Distance is 58 meters, from hand to spot(± 0.5m)

2 times lighter, pocketable and 1/2 cheaper( with the new emitter and the ld-1, atm Javelot can be found for 70:money_mouth_face:, i think it can be a gread edc, or even a thrower of some sort- will gradly test it while hunting

Very cool miko - two questions from me …

Are the reflectors about the same diameter ? The javelot looks a lot bigger right ? But the hotspot is not much different !

Second question- - I’m new to driver boards - can you post a link to the driver you used ? Thank you and really nice work :wink:

Ofc Javelot is brighter, but its head diameter is nearly 2x, cant be EDC for sure, and its heavier too
LS D80 can be actualy a very good gun mount up to 200-300m- hunting without optics, i do practice it often, the Jalevot beam is quite narrow, and it will frighten the animals if used at that close range
Plus, LD 1 driver has better UI( for me at least) , you`ll have issues twisting the head on the Lavelot in order to swap modes , especialy when outside temps are minus 15-20 degrees C

For the LD 1 , look at the SALE subforum

somewhat less than cool.but i doubt a spambot/xrumer looks at forums to find more targets

Just found this flashlight.
“BLF D80 Special Edition CREE XM L2 Water-resistant LED Flashlight - 1100Lm 5 Modes 5500K 1 x 18650 Battery”
http://www.everbuying.com/product772324.html

Ha! :smiley:

I have a team of BLFers working on this SE light…but it is not even close to being finalized, and I haven’t started a GB thread as of yet.

Not sure why it is showing up on this website. Could be a sister website to the vendor I am working with…but I don’t know.

We’re checking into it. :cowboy_hat_face:

I have a XP-L HI V3 2B on 21mm x 1.6mm direct thermal path copper lying around and want to put it in my
Luckysun D80!

Any guess on the improvments of this swap!? I think it will throw much more ...!??

I don’t know, but it will be interesting to see!

Mine has a dedomed XP G2 S2 1D with BLF DD driver and bridged springs.
Output with Cony VTC5 = 86Kcd. With Samsung IMR2500 slightly less.

Nice!

Grtz
Nico