Lumapower mrv clone @ Manafont Trustfire F15-T6 3-Mode 1600-Lumen LED Flashligh (1*18650)

My thoughts exactly. KD C8 has been on my minds for months now but I was hoping for more choices but still the C8 seems to be the hardest to beat.

With threaded connections between elements, the lower conductivity of SS could be afforded, I suppose.

What keeps me from ordering the KD C8 is the >1A Medium mode (as well as the looks).

On my KD Manta Ray C8, Med mode draws 0.44A which for me is a good compromise for daily walks. High draws only 1.42A, though.

But is it?

My copy fatures the thing in SS and a small pill in aluminium.

Hello Budgeteer,

Still no SMO reflector?

My version of the body came without logos and with a smo reflector stock. Do not know where it came from as i got more or less as a gift.

Some people have just too much luck! Tongue out

That is a matter of perspective. :)

Hey Budgeteer, how long did it take to get yours from the time it ordered/shipped to when you got it? I am waiting on the one I ordered as well as an L2m I am itching to get my hands on.

Actually, i made myself one. Got a Lumapower clone host without markings from a friend. used a LCK-LED XM-L on sale at 6usd each and bought a 5 pack of kd 2,8A drivers. Already had the emitter insulator discs and thermal plaster. It was just a matter of well centering the emitter and doing a good job at soldering the driver. Later on fine tuned the reflector with some duct tape to have it sit where i want. It paid off. Very good centering of the xml gave me 38K lux at 1m which is quite good for a XM-L i think. Also it is the only XM-L based flashlight i have that has considerably less spill than expected. The reflector does it's jobe better than anticipated. I used the stock kd wires that came with the drivers. a bit on the short side yes but i managed to use them just fine. The KD 2.8A driver is a son of a "onion" to solder! I have to get a new solderin iron tip which is more pointy than the one i currently have.

Total cost?

Body free (worth max 10usd)

6,15usd emitter

4usd driver

0,2usd disc, solder and goop approx.

total:

less than 11usd without body.

Perfectly doable for 20usd if you can find the body for 9usd or less.

You may want to buy a MRV for 14usd at manafont... (SMO reflector incuded) but beware you have to shop for a 14 or 12mm XM-L star... My version accepted 16mm stars.

I used this torch for my XTAR battery roundup. Used a fan on the body and the flashlight stayed very cool to touch. Wihtout a fan however scorching hot in 10min. I can go for a 70min one shot if i keep it in hand easily without being annoyed from heat. Candle on high is however very unadvised. I forgot it on for 21min on desk and i was amazed how hot it was. I was able to handle it for a few seconds but not much more. I could if life depended on it... but i preferred to not stress myself over nothing.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/trustfire-f15t6-3mode-1600lumen-led-flashligh-118650-p-6312

is this product having xm-l?

Yes

Thank you very much for your reply how2... depending on your confirmation and Don's advice right now i'm ordering it ;)

You will love this torch, rizaotop. It’s an excellent purchase. BTW, welcome to BLF! :slight_smile:

Aloha and welcome to BLF rizaoztop!

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/lumapower-mrv-xml-t6-3mode-memory-led-flashlight-118650-p-7246

i found this one in manafont, with smooth reflector. 30 grams lighter and 5 mm. shorter than f15... so what will i do? is there anyone tested thsi one?

"Real" Lumapower MRV clone with XM-L @ Manafont :wink:

Brand new I think.

Description says 1.5A, while user reports for F15 are 2.6A and up.

EDIT: A few hours later the current spec is gone.

sory admin, i didn't notice your title. in f15 description there is no info about current although its measured and reported here by some friends. So, i should pay extra for smooth reflector with f15 i think

The real question is how this stock smooth reflector compares (in terms of beam quality) to the other one, sold as a C8 replacement part.