Lumintop FWAA - Faulty Flashlight or Faulty User?

I have two Lumintop FWAA flashlights, one in Ti and one AL. I believe both are Anduril 2 and they have developed the same problem. It could equally be a faulty user. Your help would be greatfully appreciated.

Whether running on AA or 14500 cells both flashlights blink all three LEDs once when screwing the tailcap on, but no amount of pressing the button makes the LEDs light up after that.

I have taken the following actions: -

Replaced the batteries
Swapped the heads and switches around
Done a factory reset (13H)
Held the switch in whilst screwing the tailcap on, then holding for 3 seconds

Nothing seems to work though. Is there other things that I could try?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I thought this light only runs on 14500.

2 Thanks

Yes, both FWAA/FW1AA works only on 14500 unless you somehow got thefreeman buck/boost driver for any of it.

1 Thank

Loosen the head, then tighten the crap out of the tailcap, then tighten the head.

If that doesn’t work, clean the ends of the inner tube and try the above again.

1 Thank

Flat top 14500 only.

1 Thank

Thanks for all of the replies. Firmly tightening head and tailcap has got the Ti FWAA working. I will keep working on the other one with the tips above.

Thanks Folks. You are all stars!

1 Thank

I had the same problem with Astrolux. You have to really tighten it.

Both sorted now! The non-Ti one didn’t like one of the batteries AND I cleaned the inner tube with an alcohol wipe.

What a relief. Thanks again guys.

Temp

2 Thanks

Glad they’re both working again!

Make sure to clean the ends of the inner contact tube and where those contacts meet the driver and tailcap board.

A bit of lint getting into the head of your light and preventing the inner tube from making contact with the driver could be the cause.