Lumintop GT nano on the way

It would not look like so many other AAA flashlights because there are none that have a thrower head. I know because for 8 years I have been hoping for a cute little AAA thrower to show up and the GT nano was the first one made, and a very nice one too, except that it turned out not to be AAA :person_facepalming:

Exactly that. At least offer us an option to have a AAA tube please.

Which ones?

This is a no go for me. Still won’t fit in my G.I. Joe’s hands

I’m very disapointed. Been watching this for a while cuz I havent found a good 10440 thrower yet.As much as I like the size of the 10180… Ive been expecting a 10440 body to make it worth buying. Reading comments it seems there is a legit demand for the 10440 tubes. Id be willing to pay 3-4 dollars more for both bodies. Even offering them seperate would be nice.

yes but problem is more that the emitter would be fried using that battery…

It shouldn’t be fried. 10440 cells are not very strong and the host thermals should be great.

We’ve got information that Lumintop has cheaped-out on MCPCB. There is a suspicion that this is the reason why they reported the LED turning blue.

Furthermore, we’ve got a message that the second batch will come with regular DTP MCPCBs. Then, there should be no problem for Lumintop to add a 10440 tube.

Anybody with one of these have a problem charging? The light works, but when I screw on and plug in the charger, no LEDs. Left it overnight and light gained no voltage. Also tried a known-good cable.

Are the copper MCPCB models not out yet? Before I ordered mine from Illumn they said that the ones they had were the copper MCPCB version

Up until your post I haven’t seen a mention of them being out already.
Also, judging by the feedback here, I assumed that the first batch would not sell like hot cakes.

It’s a good news that the second batch is already out.
I wonder if there are any measurable differences in performance, even with 10180.

By the way with 10440 tube: Anyone has tested the head of Lumintop nano with an alkaline or a Ni-mh battery?

wouldnt the output be barely 200 lumens then?

Probably zero due to low voltage.

I’ve seen the post from FL first. :smiley:

A couple beam shots, the W1 is at about 13 houses in distance.
In the other pics it’s 5 houses to the garage. The XPL2 pic is not very well taken the other is the W1.

OK so Mine arrived today and I have a few things to say.

1. This thing is TINY. SMOL. Like redonculas loose in your pockets with the change and car keys small.

2. I thought that people were joking by saying it could get 100+ yards or more. (Yeah yeah yeah….)

3. The ramping UI still is one of the best UIs IMO.

4. I did mention it is small right? I thought that it would be larger as it shows it in a persons hands Photoshop and things. You know it could not be that small.

Imgur

I would definitely be interested in one IF it came with a 10440 tube!

This tiny light is impressive! Just gotta love it. 400 yds from a light so small, whowouldhavethought?

Not sure it is getting 400 yards. LOL 200-250 yards might be stretching it on a good night with little atmospheric interference.

I agree it is crazy good for what little it costs, and size. My only concern is finding more batteries.

Instant classic :smiley: