Lumintop GT nano on the way

copper version when?

Interested!

I agree, instant purchase for me

I like this little light but I’ve ruined 3 lanyards trying to install one. Every time I push the loop through the hole it strips the nylon off of the plastic and can’t get the nylon cord to go through. I’ve tried tweezers and a toothpick so far but no luck. I’m running out of lanyards.

I was scratching my head at how to thread the lanyard through the tiny hole on the FT02S tail cap.

I ended up putting a few loops of dental floss through the lanyard loop to pull with and used pin nose pliers to gently squeeze together and push.

Good luck!

Isn’t there a thin wire as threading aid part of the package? I think I saw something like that in one picture.

I ended up finding a tiny split ring that fit the lanyard hole so I just used that instead.

https://sofirnlight.com/2ieces-of-10180-batteries-p0164.html

Thank you Sir!

Are the serial numbers meaningful? I have seen mostly SN:A0001S and SN:A00642 in review and marketing photos. I have a SN:A0001D.

I have also been curious. I’ve handled 2 SN:A0001S models, and one SN:A0001D model. I checked and all three appear to have copper MCPCBs, though the A0001D model had a wide solder contact point on the driver’s negative contact ring. Comparing all three on freshly charged batteries, the A001D model lasted around 3 seconds longer before blinking for step-down (the A001S models blinked and stepped-down simultaneously). The name & serial number printing on the A0001D model was noticeably more crisp as well. I am curious if the solder contact and step-down differences are common to the different version, or if it is coincidence.

has there been any talk about copper version?

Yes, it’s said to be on the way:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/64893/12

Hello F. Premens, What Lumintop lamp is this ? can you give me the designation ?

The one on the left is an old Lumintop Tool AAA and the one in the right a most recent version of the same light. :+1:

If you bend a paperclip you can actually put the nano body on the Lumintop head :slight_smile:
But ther’s no low voltage protection so don’t leave it unattended.

Also the nano charger will fit and charge a 10440 in the aaa tube - a nice feature even though it takes some time at ~90mA charge rate.

Two GT Nanos arrived yesterday. Wow! The throw is incredible. Mind blowing for such a small light, using a 10180 battery! My 47s Preon 1 bodies fit nicely for use with 10440s. A third GT Nano is ordered. Gifts to son and brother. And to me. What fun. So small - yet so impressive!

Mine recently came from Vinh. It’s serial number is A0001D and sure looks like it has a copper MCPCB.

I looked in my box of small lights and found that I had a THRUNITE TI HI AAA twisty. The body fits the Nano perfectly and as a bonus it’s polished titanium. It also operates great with the TI HI body which has a flat bottom, nice lanyard attachment using a small split ring and a nice clip. It’s kind of neat looking with the contrast of the Ti body and black head.

I ran it with a Efest IMR 10440 and on turbo and everything seemed fine. I just bring up the THRUNITE TI HI as a lot of folks bought them a few years back and if you have one, you have a 10440 tube for your Nano.

Personally, I prefer the stock light with the 10180 as it’s just so damn cute and such a novelty but I do now have a 10440 tube if I want to go that route.

Wondering if anyone has has a problem charging the batteries on this? I received mine on Jan 14th and
everything was fine until I tried to charge the batteries today. The first one seemed to be charging fine
but after 4 hours of charging, the red light was still on so I decided to check the voltage. It had
gone from 3.4v before charging down to 0.31v after. Thinking this may be a defect in the battery
I decided to try one of my spares and the exact same thing happened so now, I have 2 batteries
that have apparently been destroyed by the charger.

Hoping to get this replaced my either Nealsgadgets since it is so new or Lumintop but, not going
to try charging any of my other batteries in that charger and they sure wont fit in any of my other chargers.

Thanks ahead of time is anyone else has had this problem.

You definitely must have a defective charger. The one that came with mine works fine. Yes indeed, make Neil and Lumintop aware of this problem.