Lumintop GT nano on the way

Agree

Tnx :blush:

Another pic, line-up with some AAA classics

Looking at that pic I so with that someone released DQG Tiny with a modern LED and UI…

That DQG is wonderful, even the UI is still fine for me, but swapping the led is risky and a major pain, I ruined a Tiny many years ago while trying to swap the led and left this one stock (70CRI X-G2) sofar.

So, is lumintoplighting.com the best option to get the whole GT Nano? With the 10440 tube!
djozz, that photo is…monstruously beautiful :wink:

it is the only place that shows the 10440 tube for sale (3 left)

even though it is not available on their Nano page

good luck! :slight_smile:

Nice pictures djozz, thanks.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to be one of those 3 left :stuck_out_tongue:
Thank you very much for sending the link my friend :wink:
I will check them tonight! In case they are sold out, I’ll reach Neal and check if he has or will have some of those too!

Thanks again :wink:

Looks like I got the last one. I wonder why Lumintoplighting was the only seller with these, had a limited number, and seemed to be selling them on a “use at your own risk” basis. I wonder when they were produced.

I queried this with the support at Lumintop Lighting, they said that they have heard there will be copper+brass 10440 tubes but don’t have a release date for them.

Apparently will just appear on the site like the aluminium ones did for sale separately.

So, would the batch for sale via Amazon right now likely be the thinner mcpcb? Anyone have thoughts?

Most likely will have the 1mm copper MCPCB.

Is there any desktop charger that will charge the included 10180 battery so I don’t have to use that little gizmo that comes with it?

The pics of the copper MCPCB above are from my recent purchase on US Amazon. Didn't know there was a thinner version, but yes - it's about 1 mm thick, thinner than our typical Noctigon MCPCB's (~1.6 mm) but 1 mm is commonly used in small lights.

I think there is nothing available nowadays. You may look for used Valeno Design or Cottonpickers charger.

:+1:

That would make more sense. We all have lights that run so hot they almost melt. The LED continues to operate for years. The air gap would explain this.

The other contributor would be the lack of mass on the nano. I think we would all agree that more mass is better than less regardless of the type of metal for heat sink capability.

something like: https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005002288414241.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.552743c0AjSE2f&algo_pvid=792efcdb-1768-492c-94f2-712ec7602056&algo_expid=792efcdb-1768-492c-94f2-712ec7602056-12&btsid=0b8b158f16171374751228617e2af4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602*,searchweb201603*&sku_id=12000019924950960

A lack of mass of the Nano would only matter after the first minute, if your led turns purple in the first few seconds, something close to it is wrong.

No

imo you should definitely use the little gizmo, unless you have a charger able to dial down to 1C for the 10180…

Even if you have a flexible magnetic-type charger or use a metal spacer, you can easily damage the 10180 because the current is too high