Lumintop GT110 Sbt 90.2

I’m assuming the performance of this is the same as the GT90, is the battery pack a good or bad idea ?

1 Thank

Same same no matter how big the battery or how many cells in parallel the voltage can only be 4.2v Max. The output can’t be any higher.

1 Thank

Is the battery pack an upgrade, or is the 18650 battery carrier of the GT90 the better design ?

I am not really sure but now you ask the battery pack probably has better contacts.
I find 7000lumens to be a bit… Not right unless it has a boost driver.

2 Thanks

I would wonder what the longevity of the battery pack would be, the availability long term, and the replacement cost.
Pertaining to the light itself, from what I’ve read, the GT90 is roughly the same as my K75 in lumens and throw, except it will sustain turbo for five minutes instead of one minute thirty seconds, and also run cooler, hopefully this light would be identical to the 90 in those parameters.

No improvements on output, just runtime. Maybe a few % output gain? The current driver in the GT can’t take advantage of the bigger battery. The Sbt90.2 has a hard limit anyway and pushing it harder than say, 25A is diminishing returns. You really need a xhp70.3 HI, or one of those 3v sfq or sfh or sfn leds to tke advantage of the battery, plus you need an upgraded driver (boost or buck).

1 Thank

That battery is a single 46110 cell. Being where the latest tech is being applied, probably better. No cell balancing needed, no extra resistance from all the extra contacts, springs, etc.

5 Thanks

I wonder if the battery’s replaceable, or a permanent part of the tube/handle ?

Assuming it’s a sealed battery pack (ie, one where you can’t open up to replace the individual cells with standard ones).

If so, definitely a very bad idea IMHO: with a proprietary battery pack you’re SOL as soon as (not if) the pack gives up the ghost; then you’d have to pay (usually an arm and a leg) for a new one from the manufacturer, and that’s best case: worst case is the manufacturer doesn’t stock it anymore (or simply decides it would rather sell you an entirely new flashlight) and then you have a total loss of your initial investment a very expensive flashlight.

I would not buy it, but of course YMMV.

1 Thank

The battery is held in the tube with a plastic insulator and a brass retaining ring. This is the same way version 1 of the Lumintop Mach 46950 is. This link might help Lumintop 46950 Battery / Battery Pack – flashlightgo Replacement cell in 46950 is $41.99, replacement tube and cell in 46110 $54.99. Skylumens is selling the 46950 cell for $33.33 4695 Cell Pre-Order - Sky Lumen

4 Thanks

Interesting, so not really a proprietary battery ?

This thread might help Big batteries. 46800 and bigger These are the newer EV auto cells.

1 Thank

Thanks, I appreciate the info, looks like this may be a really good light.

Amazing, first time I hear about that. Very glad to hear it’s a non-proprietary cell, and thanks for setting me straight!