Lumintop GT4

I’m in the True Heart of Texas… about 45 miles East of the exact center of the State. Or on the I-35 corridor between Austin and Waco. :wink:

Edit: Well dang! My memory really is rotten! I’m about 103 miles East of the Geographic Center of Texas, which is way out around Rochelle. :wink:

Been enjoying the free A/C and low electricity bills here recently though

The good news is that the R90C goes on sale a lot now for barely $200 since it’s been out a while. I hope we see some great comparisons soon using the two monster lumen throwers, and not just hand-picked GT4 prototypes…after the comparison I believe the only question will be…now should I wait for the V2 of the R90C!

Agreed. I just wish both the R90c and the MF04 weren’t so short. I can’t stand the look of a massive sized head matched with a short tube. Therefore if the output is nearly the same I would always go with the lumintop version. I don’t know why it irks me so much but it really does.

Same reason I insisted on the longer tube from the start. They kept wanting to make it short for reasons I could never understand.

Good don’t let them, those things are hideous. With that being said I’m assuming the gt4 comes with a shoulder strap?

Yes, a shoulder strap is planned to be included.

I did not know this exist, or does it?

Yep, I built 100 of them last year.

If the MT09R didn’t overheat with 3 xhp70.2 I really don’t see 4 being a problem in the GT4 with the larger head and much more heat sinking. The GT4 has more, and deeper heat sinking than any light I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait for this thing to be released.

Oh, the MT09R overheated when on turbo for sure lol. Maybe 60-90 seconds before thermal control stepped in at turbo power (~250w).

The GT4 should handle this kind of load much much better though.

Is this in reference to the xhp70.3? That’s a typo. It’s 70.2

oh, yeah the 70.3 was a typo.

Wow, would love to have get a few XHP70.3’s, do you have the data on it?

The data is right above your post.

I want a short tube! and use x21700 size for more capacity and Amp power would be perfect, I think my GT70 and GTmini looks tons better with the short tube then the long tube IMO

Or perhaps have a short tube sold separately. That way it suits everybody.

The short tubes are already being sold

For clarification, you are saying the blf gt short tube also fits for the gt4?

Yes, same basic light as the GT. It just has differences in the head. The battery tube and tailcap should be identical. Many parts carry over.