Lumintop GT4

Yes. This concept was toyed with during the production/development of the GT

I hope that’s correct, my x4 VTC5A flat tops could power my old TK75vn70.2 quad 27,000lm with no problem, so should be able to power the GT4 easily

As long as you add solder blobs or else remove the polarity protection boards on the carrier.

OR use those small magnets

Sure, if you don’t mind the added resistance or the possibility that dropping the light might cause a magnet to slide out and short the batteries against the tube wall. This is why I never recommend using magnets.

If you put 5mm diam. only magnets,I think that there is not danger of short circuit.

Hahaha I never dropped my large lights.

DB, I can put any concerns you had about the mcpcb to rest.

I just got the replacement LED’s and was swapping them out, this is the first time I removed the mcpcb and I can safely say with zero doubt this is the beefiest mcpcb I have ever seen!

Holy cow this thing is massive! a full 3mm thick! 88mm OD! I forgot to weigh it but needless to say it had some serious heft to it.

So much so I was able to test the LED’s after reflow with a full 200w for ~10 seconds before it even got warm. I am seriously impressed with the mcpcb.

It is soooo beefy I could not even use my souldering station to reflow the LED’s, no way it could pump enough heat into it. So I was forced to use a propane torch to reflow them!

The thermal performance to be just as good as I first experienced, it just takes forever to heat up.

I also did a very crude lumen test (it won’t fit in my sphere) and even with 80cri LED’s it does indeed look like my 20k lumen goal is very conservative. The beam is great as well, just like the GT70 just brighter and thicker.

There are still some issues that need to be sorted out for sure but it is well on it’s way.

AWESOME!

Great news! Can’t wait for it to be released.

Any thoughts on when this will be available? 30, 60, 90 Days? How about what LEDs will be used?

No idea on timeline, I would be surprised if it is released before summer though.

It will use XHP70.2 LED’s, I am hoping they will get the top bin P2’s for it.

Texas_Ace are there any thoughts on releasing a model smaller than the GT but larger than the Mini?

Ooooh, that would be neat… a 2x26650 version to fill the gap. :smiley:

I mentioned this to lumintop but it did not seem to gain traction at the time. Maybe after the current projects are finished but can’t say for sure.

Well I’d be interested for sure. My collection of GT styles seems to be missing a piece right there in the middle.

Yes! Tube length about the same as a 2C Maglite. What emitter?

It would most likely either be a boost HX or an XHP LED to match the others. Depends on what the boost HX does once it is available.

If it’s a Boost HX, you can already count me in for one. I’ll start saving my pennies, so I can hopefully afford it by then! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, you should have plenty of time, they have not even shown intrest in it yet, if the GT4 is anything to judge by, they should start showing interest around 2020 lol.