Lumintop GT4

Hahahaha

I got some of the cell top insulators used when wrapping a button cell. My magnets are the same size as the button would be, and the insulator is glued down (self adhesive) and thick enough to easily keep the magnet from slipping.

The Astrolux FT03 fits the size gap between the GT and Mini, though little different style. The FT03 head diam is ~70 mm, Mini ~50 mm, and GT at 135 mm. 92 mm would be a true mid range size though.

Isn’t that also the same size as the FT02 and Lumintop Odl20c?

The FT02 is a smaller light - 58.5 mm head diam. Odl20c is 59 mm head diam as well.

The FT03 is close to the Amutorch JM70: FT03 is 69.5 mm, JM70 is 72 mm. I like the JM70 size - nice throw from a 1 cell light.

GT4, in for 1 :slight_smile:

I just hope Lumintop don’t reduce the mcpcb size in the production version. Everything about the GT4 is drool worthy thus far!

Is that a possibility?

Why would you say such a strange thing?

Maybe for cost or weight optimizations. Dunno, just a thought.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen by any company and especially not by Lumintop.

I mean, they specifically designed that MCPCB for this light so that it could handle the heat. I don’t see them redesigning it or changing it for any reason.

:smiley:
Yep… I wouldn’t say that for sure…
Early GT minis were 20mm MCPCB and the later ones 16mm… :person_facepalming:

I removed leds from an Imalent DX80 MCPCB. That was also huge. I needed to heat with hot air from bottom and with a big soldering iron around 150W next to each led before removing each.

I can see a slicing attempt on one led :slight_smile:

If the magnets are neodymium ones,they are strong enough to stay in place permanently.

As a consideration: neodymium magnets start loosing their magnetism over about 80 degrees C.

as a rule of thumb :

use magnets only on the negative pole to make a cell longer if needed

never use a magnet when a contact ring is included in a multi cell light

Yeah, I tried my hot air gun at first as well but it just was not hacking it so I moved to the big guns. My full sized hot air gun from the garage could of done it but I did not have an outlet nearby so I just used the torch lol. I have used it in the past, got to be careful but it works good.

That “slice” was actually not intentional. It is one the issues that needs to be addressed in the production version.

may i vote vor a "LEDs by ZozzV6" version?

Ah, okay. So there is precedence.
20mm to 16mm on a single xpl (maybe 25 watt) doesn’t seem so bad. Those are standard, off the shelf parts. I’m sure this giant GT4 mcpcb (handling around 250 watts) had to be custom ordered. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens. I seriously doubt they would downgrade it though, due to the extreme heat that needs to get transfered.

Question to all interested in this light, what practical use will this light have?