Lumintop GT4

At this size, if you have to ask that, then it does not have a practical use for you lol.

Search and rescue might like this type of light and things of that nature.

One guy wanted one of those giant lights to shine into the sky to attract people, so he got 5x GT70’s and made this:

This picture is from 1000 feet away:

Lighting up a football field? Lol

Whereas the GT70 only had about 7k+ lumen in the spill lighting, the GT4 will have 20k lumen of spill lighting. You will be able to scan a whole field in like 2 seconds! Plus it’s good for signaling your mother ship to come pick you up.

Wow. That thing is awesome.

WHAT TEH EFFF??? :D

If you will have a GT4 we can make it happen.

I doubt it based on past experience. Plus it would not save much cost so it would not really be worth it.

*The host will be as good as expensive as a full light.
*to date Lumintop never provided host versions of their lights.

Is there an estimated price range?

Does doing this to people qualify as a practical use?

Lol it should!!

Hello Texas Ace,

If it is possible to any extent, I would like to ask you to negotiate for a higher CRI variant as well, I don’t care which one of these, but one should definitely worth it:
5000K 90CRI, 4500K 90CRI, 4500K 80CRI, 4000K 80CRI.

Also, with the latest update of the XHP70.2 datasheet, P4 binned order codes started to show up (also, 90CRI offerings are of better bins).

I highly doubt a 90CRI version will be available from the factory due to how hard those LED’s are to get in China and that lumintop does not like offering multiple tints for some reason.

It will be entirely possible to mod it with whatever LED’s you want though.

I also heard that the 70.2 90cri LED’s are very green but have not seen one myself.

That’s what my GT and GT70 are for… in reality.

And my MT09r, and nearly all my other lights…

But if I ever need to illuminate a massively large area or a really long distance, i’m ready, like 100x over, but the GT series is up to bat first.

If you qoute that GIF, put a space at the end after the ! like I did above.

Ok, most responses to my question were funny.
I spent over $1200 on throwers in the past 6 months and none of them can run longer 4 mins on their highest output, MOST can’t do more than 2 mins on “turbo” They ALL run stupid hot and then step down to 50% output or less after 2 mins.
My expenditures does not even include the half throwers, flood and other lights. I feel as though I am being lead on by hype rather than practicality, I mean I want a dedicated Led thrower that can do at least 10 mins at ambient temperature at max output without frying an egg. I believe this not f hard to ask for.
I have a Hid spot that cost me $60 that out throws all my led throwers (GT70, GT, MF04S …)AND runs all day all night without rest and it never overheats or shuts down.
It seems that Led flashlight tech has LONG way to go before the tech becomes more practical and have real sustainable output levels that can rival hid.

I hate to say it but these leds lights are my toys and my hid light is my tool, I just have to figure out how to shrink my car(12v generator) to something small enough that does not make me look like a Ghost Buster.

Are you saying you bought all those led throwers thinking that they can run more than 4 minutes?

This is why people review lights here. We tell you the real deal, not marketing specs.

HID can run way hotter than led. By contrast, led are quite fragile and need good cooling. Both light sources have their pros and cons. Led is instant on while HID has to warm up. Led can adjust to any brightness level while HID just does bright and brighter. Etc…

There are led lights on the market like the PowerTac X10000 Destroyer that can do 10k lumen continous for 1.7 hours, but they are expensive ($700) and active cooled (no reviews to verify it yet). About 6k lumen continous is the max for non-active cooling.

It’s a shame you wasted $1200, but if your not sure a light fits your needs then of course it is a gamble to buy it.

Also, the HID light he is using doesn’t use a battery pack, but is powered directly from a car’s 12V system. That means no battery power to worry about(usually), and no complex electronics to waste power on.

And I think he doesn’t get that if you were to power an HID light, you’d get a lot less runtime overall for the same lumen output.

Thanks. That is really the perfect image for this light.

I think if u want such light it would be alot bigger then any big light today, acebeam x70, olight x9r, none can do 10min max or even close, the heatsink and bodyhost would be so big it would be like carry a rocket launcher… i guess we arent there yet to build compact lights that can sustain highest that long…

led technology can not get over 50% efficiency so half the power is heat however efficient your led, not much you can do about that. So a 200W flashlight will need at least 100W cooling power to keep on going.