Lumintop GT4

BTW guys, the MCPCB is almost 1/2lbs, or 161g.

It’s super heavy.

Wouldn’t it be cool to have a quick release instant load detachable battery “magazine”? Search and Rescue light extraordinaire!

@Dale, I know this is a strange question, but will you be getting this light?

This looks like a super light to mod.

I plan on it. Price will influence if I can or not but I’m trying to keep a lane open…

Assuming this light has the expected 10-15% less throw of the blfgt70.2 does anybody know the approximate throw if this light were dedomed?

Y’all may find this difficult to buy into but if I get one, and if I mod it, I’ll probably pull it back a notch with MT-G2’s. I love the build of this light and I love the color the fat Cree emitter produces… eclectic perhaps but with so many lights to choose from I can afford to take odd tangents… :smiley:

Very rough guess, ~400kcd and ~1300m.

And with the dome?

Oh, I missed the dedomed part, that estimate is with the dome.

Dedomed The xhp70.2 has been gaining ~40% throw from what I have seen.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried dedoming 1/2 the LEDs on a quad LED light?

1800 meters of throw is quite impressive. Can’t wait.

Well, throw doesn’t work quite that way, the lux should be about 40% higher but the throw will then have to be recalculated around that higher lux number.

40% more throw on the candela rating actually.

400kcd *1,40 = 560kcd

560kcd = 1500m.

A nice boost, but not 1800m.

I haven’t, but in theory you would have a hotspot inside a hotspot.

I was thinking a more throwy hotspot with usable surrounding spill.

Any further updates on this project yet?

Dome on or Dome off will not affect the spill light. EDIT (Technically, removing the dome will reduce the lumens in both the hot spot and the spill. The hot spot looks brighter, though. I explain this a few posts down.)

What you will see is something similar to this.

Basically a smaller hotspot inside a larger hotspot. The measured throw should be in between having all 4 domes on and all 4 domes off.

Removing the dome nearly doubles the intensity for a reason, less spill light with a higher concentration of the output in the central hotspot. So I would think if two out of four were de-domed there would be notably less spill.

An extreme example of this would be in modding a single emitter light by de-doming it, it makes it very obvious.

When I built Ham’r I used a sliced and diced SST-40 in a reflector surrounded by the 16 XP class emitters under optics, the resulting beam clearly revealed that concentrated hot spot inside the more floody pattern of 4 Angie optics. When that sliced SST-40 got debris on it and created a pile of ash I replaced it with a dome-on SST-40… and lost that obvious hot spot.

They just don’t seem to be giving me many updates for some reason this time around.

Their running amok… :smiley: You might have to wrangle them back in :wink: