Lumintop Moon Box On Sale

Lumintop has instant turbo, true firefly mode and side lights.

$70.00 VS $150.00

Doesn’t sound like the Moonbox is your Cup of Tea.

Even if you only have to pay the postage one way, that’s still $15 plus a 22-40 day wait not including the time Lumintop take to do the work and get it back into the post.

That’s still not very attractive to me, with the Wuben X1 I can spend a few minutes with a screwdriver and replace the batteries myself, even less time in a light that just has a battery cap.

1 Thank

Lumintop has instant turbo, true firefly mode and side lights.

$70.00 VS $180.00

I do wonder how well the Moonbox handles heat from 10k lumens with a plastic body.

I am convinced this is a nice light.

The TM12K is all aluminum (a unibody) and can only do 30 seconds of (verified) 12,000 Lumens before it shifts to High mode. Still good output though. You can reactivate the Turbo if needed right away through.

If the Moonbox is under $100 (vs over $250 for the Nitecore) and plastic, probably not going to get anywhere near decent output.

1 Thank

I purchased a Moonbox V2.0 as well.

Total: $95.39

Discount code: WETHRIFT10

Lumintop Moonbox 10,000 Lumens Rechargeable Outdoor Flashlight – Lumintop Official Online Store
Lumintop Moonbox 10,000 Lumens Rechargeable Outdoor Flashlight – Lumintop Official Online Store

It’s not an apples to apples comparison, as you said the Lumintop is less than half the price. My point is though that if Wuben can build the X1 so that the batteries can be replaced there’s no excuse for Lumintop not to. Other than the fact that they want you to buy another one when the batteries die.

Non-replaceable batteries are the only thing worse than proprietary ones, and I choose not to buy lights that have either. It just feels like giving the customer the rough end of the stick.

That said, I do like the look of the Moonbox, and was close to buying one myself until I found out about the batteries.