LumiTact G700 "TOUGHEST FLASHLIGHT ON THE MARKET"

I would say an everyday carrier with case, rechargeable batteries etc. He told me he wanted something like the lumitact g 700, but I’m reading on here that it’s a fake?!

You can't go wrong with Convoy for the money.

A convoy S2+ is a very nice pocketable 18650 flashlight, great for every day use. It has a general purpose beamprofile, great for point blank to ~50 yards.

A convoy C8 is more a jacket pocket sized 18650 flashlight. It throws usable light further than the s2+. Great for 25-100yards, decent up close.

Expect around $8-9 for a quality, protected 18650 battery. Keeppower/EVVA/Sanyo/Panasonic/LG

Around $15-30 for a smart, good quality, proven/tested, battery charger (Varies quite a bit based on what features you want). Nitecore/Xtar

lumitac,it’s just an over priced zoomie. (adjustable focus light that you can find by many vendors and e bay starting under 6.00 ,they just used a lot of hyped advertising to get consumers attention,let me put it this was if I say I paid .50 cents for a shiny rock but then i but alot of of over hyped advertising on heavily visited sites and made it look very well designed web sight would you think my .50 cent rock would be 10.00 if I advertised that way?
please look ip mountain electronic flashlights (it has to be worded that way other wise it will take to a laudaramat web sight)or private essayed member vesture of blood these two people sell great qaulity lights and down to earth prices or can custom make you a light to you or your husband specifications at extremely reasonable prices that can put insane amounts of light .

The G700 is a $3 value flashlight being marketed as a $200, ultimate flashlight, which it is so very far from being. Basically, scummy people taking advantage of people.

JoeE, welcome to the forum! I’m glad this post deterred you from buying that overpriced, hunk-o-junk, G700.
Quick pointers:

• You can buy the same light for $6.99, without the G700 on the side here: Meco XML But you’ll be getting what you paid for :~
  • The guy that runs the G700 website also runs Lumitak.com which sells another, overpriced, hunk-o-junk flashlight.
  • The batteries they sell, the Ultrafire brand, are HORRIBLE. There are multiple threads on this forum, and others, about those same batteries EXPLODING.
  • For about the same price (or even less if you’re willing to wait a few weeks for a light to ship from China), you can give your husband a light that will blow his buddies out of the water.

I usually go through Mountain Electronics because the store owner is a member here, they’re based in the USA, and they don’t carry crap lights like the G700. Any light you get from them will be MASSIVELY brighter than any of those “gimmicky” websites. And they don’t carry the UltraFire batteries… there is a reason for this :expressionless:

Here is what I recommend as an “all around” flashlight that’s about the same size as the G700

• Convoy C8 : I’d say its the best bang for the buck. Quality built light, that probably +90% of the people on here own. It looks like Mountain Electronics is sold out right now, but you can always contact them to see when more will be in stock. It actually looks like they’re out of quite a bit of their flashlights, which is pretty strange. Normally they have tons.
  • XinTD C8 : As a backup, I’ll list this one as well. Its very similar to the Convoy C8, but it’s even higher quality. Probably just as bright as the other one, just has a few different cosmetic upgrades. This is sold out as well at the moment :weary:
  • Panasonic 18650 Here are some very high quality batteries that won’t explode when used as directed :smiley: I use these all of the time, and have never had a single problem with these.
  • SupFire Battery Charger : Pretty standard, single battery charger. If you want to charge multiple batteries at once, take a look at the Xtar WP2H

Convoy C8 + 1 Panasonic battery + SupFire Charger = $33.14 plus shipping.

I hope this helps! Let us know what you decide on!

exactly this, their claims are outrageous, they have truly perfected the art of making garbage sound like gold

Buy:
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=427
2 x http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=137&sort=p.price&order=ASC
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=79&product_id=417

and be amazed (do not shine in your eyes or directly at other humans)

(All the flashlights seem to be out of stock, is Richard away from the store right now?)
I don’t know much about Samsung and LG batteries, so if anyone has a better battery recommendation, or just ask the owner, he is a member here and will take good care of you with the best advice for all three (light/battery/charger)

Not sure. Got halfway through my rant about flashlights and realized there are a lot of things out of stock. Either everyone bought him out for Christmas, or the world is about to end. :smiley:

LOL, we were working on the same light form the same store at the same time!

Another December 21 has passed so i think the world is safe for now :smiley:

vesture of blood and private message him he makes and s.)…ells custom lights as well.

https://youtu.be/ywiNFvvM9k0 it has a totally unbiased review by someone
who really doesn’t know much about lights.

Awesome find man! Added it to the first post. I wonder if he was talking about this forum or not :smiley:

I ordered the kit that came with the G700 type light but in 2x18650 version and a SK68. Supposedly $89 normally but I got it for $14.99 shipped. It came in a nice box that held both lights, a charger, two protected 18650 cells and a case for the batteries.

I gave the SK68 away but it was nice one. It had 3 modes, high, low, strobe. It also had. Nice soft touch rubber boot. Felt nice the few times I used it before giving it away.

The bigger lit is actually something I didn’t have in my collection. It a very floody light with the head all the way in. It’s the most floody non-headlamp light I own. I like it despite the slight blueish tint. With the bezel unscrewed, it’s insanely floody but you loose the ability to zoom.

I would love to but it’s up to the original op to do so ,I really hope JoeE doesn’t but the lunatic light lol pun intended.

I went to the MECO site referenced above — and it does seem the same flashlight. Comes from HOlland or Denmark. But I am confused……
—a number of reviewers question whether it can possibly be as brightt as 700 lumens, given it runs on 2 AA batteries.
—it comes with a plug in charger for the 2 AA batteries (included) — but I spoke to the folks manufacturing the 500 Lumen flashlight I got at my local (and good) hardware store (a Feit Electric ) and they said that they don’t make an LED flashlight with rechargeable batteries because rechargeable batteries ruin the LED light. Your thoughts?

And your recommendations: ALL I WANT is a relatively inexpensive flashlight I can keep in the car, that allows me to see house numbers and street signs.
I want it to have a zoom, and a zoom that is easy to use
LED is a plus but not essential
I want it to be easy to use — ie not have to flick through all the settings to get to the one you most commonly use (which seems to be the case with the MECO referenced above). Like maybe there is a switch on the body of the flashlight itself where you set it for strobe vs. SOS vs. regular.
I would love it if it could be rechargeable, and even better if rechargeable in the car. But I’d also be a happy camper if it used less and smaller batteries than the one I got from Feit, which uses three C batteries.
thanks in advance for your help

I watched the YouTube review video posted earlier in the thread. Basically anyone who has never had a cree led flashlight will be in impressed by any of them but the batteries concerned me. Some of the comments made me really sad, such as that companies wouldn’t claim they had 4000mah because it’d be too much risk of getting in trouble for false advertising.

To the poster above, if you want a really inexpensive light just get a sk68. They run on aa batteries and can also use li-on or nimh rechargeables if you want to spend more getting quality batteries and a charger. If you search the forum you may be able to find a seller who sells one with a genuine cree led as the ones with fake leds will be dimmer and have bluish tints but probably still fine for your purchase. Generally better lights will run on li-on batteries such as 14500 or 18650 but this requires a small outlay to get safe batteries and the charger.

I am happy to spend up to $25 or so to get a flashlight that will work for me to see street signs and house numbers from my car. your suggestions most welcome.

I received this light as a gift, and it is an utter failure of a torch. Some of my smaller zoomies beat-the-hell out of this worthless piece of bovine scatological effluent. And I didn’t have to pay for it!

I hope nobody paid more than 5 bucks for it…

i clicked an ad on yahoo and saw this

did they just change their name to lightstrike 360?

and the price went up as well. it’s now $75 each

Yup, same light. Notice the checkout screen is the exact same as the G700’s. I’d love to find these people who are selling these and break their legs. J)