M44 with UV 365nm option

I’ve got one here to add official support for, so things are in progress. I love how smooth and stable the low modes are. It may be tricky to avoid a bump mid-ramp though, because it needs to change “gears”, and the gear ratios aren’t as tight a tolerance as desired. So what works perfectly on one light might have a bit of a bump on another. The details are yet to be determined.

Depending on how things go, there may be an upgrade to an avr32dd. It’s newer and has some nice improvements, and twice as much ROM to hold new features. And it looks like its DAC has tighter precision and cleaner ratios, so it should be easier to avoid bumps when changing gears.

11 Thanks

Sweet, I’d love to see his drivers in some production lights. IMO Hanks drivers are seriously due for a refresh. Convoy already has high power buck and boost drivers down to the 17mm size and Anduril 2 support in progress

Wow I’m interested to see what kind of features can be implemented with the additional capability!

Hey guys, I was looking at copper emisars and saw a option for “antique copper”. Anyone has a picture of what that looks like?? Antique brass sounds nice as well.

I think Wurkkos does as well. TS25, TS11, and five TS10’s came on high too. My condolences to whoever leaves a TS10 that way though. While a Hanklight may last a couple of weeks that way, TS10’s only take a little over 3 days to suck that battery dry.

I have some Emisar modded by a friend to freeman driver. It is the best driver i saw with anduril and have much more max power then hanks recent models.

The D4k boost 519A 4500kdd is getting to over 3000lm
The D1k boost XHP70.3 Hi HCri delivers more then 4000lm
(All first second, new full batteries, TA-Lumentube)

I would be very happy if it will get an option to order such drivers directly by intl-outdoor.

6 Thanks

Because of people like you, we’d still be sitting around with 500lm flashlights. It’s good that there are other brands and people who are using modern components and setting new standards for lighting quality and output. The only reason I don’t buy Hank flashlights anymore is his outdated drivers.

3 Thanks

TBH, I don’t really see what’s wrong with a 500 lm flashlight. Especially EDC-sized ones. It’s rare that I ever want more than 50 lm anyway, so 500 lm is overkill for my needs… and newer tech doesn’t change that. Just putting in a single 7135 chip is enough to do almost everything I need; anything beyond that is a bonus.

I really like the extra stuff though. Especially Hank’s customizable hardware with lots of good components to choose from. Each person can get things built to their personal taste, and I think that’s probably the best hardware innovation on the market right now. He personalized the manufacturing process… pick a host, choose the color and battery type and extras, pick your favorite LEDs (usually with a choice of single or dual channel), pick your favorite optics, etc. Everything is built to order.

8 Thanks

… for 10 seconds.

The D1K with XHP 70.3 HI 70 CRI produces about 3000 lumens and can hold this level for 30-60 seconds (which is coincidentally the amount of turbo time ZebraLight aims for).

Yes, you could squeeze 4-5k lumens out of the same light with a different boost driver but you know, people like me prefer this more practical approach for their EDC lights.

3 Thanks

But some of us are fans of high cri. You cant directly compare low cri to high cri, of course a high cri emitter will generate more heat than low cri.

A D1K with thefreemans driver and xhp70.3 HI 70 cri would also hold 3000lm for 30-60 seconds, maybe even longer since its slightly more efficient than Hanks stock driver. But it can also reach 5000lm and a much lower moonlight. With some higher quality components (inductor, RPP FET) you could get similar output from Hanks boost drivers too, but not the lower moonlight.

Just because a driver is capable of high output doesnt mean you have to run it at full tilt all the time. thefreeman’s boost driver is an improvement on Hanks stock boost drivers in literally every way, why are you so against progress?

3 Thanks

Literally shaking my head here right now.

You’re ignoring that thefreeman driver would make the Emisar lights considerably more expensive (like +$30?). I have nothing against adding it as an option to choose from, though.

2 Thanks

Even the total cost of buying all the parts and driver board individually here in the states would be like $20, assuming Hank gets some sort of bulk discount it would probably be less than $15.
Hank already charges $12 for his boost drivers which is a bit high IMO as component wise the boost driver is at most only a few dollars more expensive than the linear drivers. So if Hank offered thefreemans driver I would estimate the upcharge would be ~$15 , maybe $18 to include compensation for thefreeman for designing the driver, vs the current $12 upcharge

4 Thanks

Quad XHP50.3 HI in the D1K format with a boost…that format suits the 21700 better IMO, and offers better heat dissipation hopefully.

1 Thank

Hi, uh, could we do without the loaded questions?

I.e. falsely presuming guilt in the form of a question, to make it sound like a false thing has been previously established as true, and put someone into a defensive position, for rhetorical advantage in the absence of a sound argument.

I can understand having a fiery passion about flashlights, but much like a bright light, it’s important not to aim it at anyone when it’s running on turbo. Gotta dial it down first or point it somewhere else.

11 Thanks

I apologize for my loaded question @Valynor, guess I’m running a bit “hot” today!

I do really think having thefreemans driver would be an upgrade in every way, even if the boost driver upcharge has to increase a bit. The extra output isnt even the biggest reason for me, personally its the bright flash when going to moonlight messing with my dark-adjusted eyes thats the most annoying

3 Thanks

For this scenario I have actually implemented a turbo menu in Anduril, which allows the user to set turbo level and find a personal compromise between turbo brightness and duration. Maybe @ToyKeeper will adapt this menu in future Anduril 2 versions for thefreeman drivers :blush: :crossed_fingers:

3 Thanks

Is a DT8K triple channel version planned?

This would be excellent!
e.g. setup: ch1 W2, ch2 519a 5700kdd, ch3 519a 2700kdd.

3 Thanks

I set all of them to the low level and that’s certainly right. They look far less impressive than on the high setting.

Is there a 5700K E21A option available? It looks like 2000K, 2700K, 3500K, and 4500K are the only choices.

I’m fine with the increased drain and set mine to high level magenta when unlocked, low level battery indication in lockout. Pretty is important!

1 Thank

3 channels? very interested. dw4 or right angle version…maybe?