[M4D deal] 21700 FW3A presale list

so you have one from the first run with the long tube (problems with 70mm cells) ?

the new batch has still not left lumintop towards Neal :(

Correct!

But i gota tell you that having longer tube and added spring will solve short cell issue and you will retain possibilty to use long protected cells

hehe - nice mod!

i just wanted to clearify so the people from the groupbuy waiting for the second batch are not disappointed ;)

Any news or reason for the delay?

Neal will receive them tomorrow from Lumintop and immedeately ships them out when he comes home

Got my FW21 today.

nice

what's your impressions?

does all 21700 batteries fit ?

no

only short ones

only the first batch had a long tube, but protected cells tripped on turbo so they decided to go unprotected only

Really impressed so far, might have to bling it up with some trits.

Huh. I thought I’d ordered one already and was just waiting on the slow boat.

Think my FW21 is defective, it won’t ramp properly it just shuts itself off midway.

Any ideas?

See the FW3A troubleshooting reports. It can be caused by scraps of metal debris causing intermittent connection.
Cleaning out the tailswitch area, all the threads, and the place the LED rests seem to have fixed it for a lot of people.
There’s also an identified problem with the tailswitch being poorly soldered at only one of the three solder pads so the spring can get cattywampus.

Another cheap-from-China situation.

Are you familiar with the fw3a troubleshooting procedures? They can be a bit ‘finicky’ if the tail ,then head arent tightened enough.

Edit: didnt see the post above ^

I’ve cleaned all the threads so we’ll see how things go.

Yes, make sure the head is loose, tighten the tail, then tighten the head.

Since it’s a new light make sure the retaining rings are tight. Sometimes they loosen during shipping.

Still having the same problems, will contact Neal.

Try all the solutions on the troubleshooting thread first.

Usually ramping up and then power cuts points to a bad connection that can’t handle the higher amperage. Try cleaning threads on battery tube and head and tail (you did?). Make sure driver retaining ring is tight. Switch part sounds okay.

Cleaned all the heads and the ring was slack and tried to tighten that the best i could but don’t have the correct tool.

Sometimes you can use 2 nails and cross them in the middle to tighten it. Or a single metal rod and go back and forth between the 2 cutouts. A loose driver retaining ring can cause your issue.