Mag-Fire Head with Copper Sink SOLD

Mag-Fire Head with Copper Sink $65 posted - Now Sold

EDIT - see below, added option of multisink - swap for the copper sink or add for $20

Mag C head modified to fit Surefie C body, with large copper heatsink.
This was the 2nd time I made one of these, light was not completed obviously, but it is an improved version.
My first Triple XML mag C head / Surefire C body build:

A Surefire bezel has been grafted into the Mag C head. Quite a bit of work to do that.
Solid Copper Mag C heatsink has had 2 extra layers of 3mm copper added.
(Arctic silver adhesive used, clamped in a big vice for 2 days)
Height of sink will suit the Cree 10 degree optics I used in the first build. Or any other optic or reflector of similar height.
Heatsink is threaded on bottom so screws into the Mag Head.

Make a multi emitter light with superb heatsinking.(Copper sink very good obviously, but it makes good contact with the Mag head, a solid chunk of Al itself.

Price will include shipping. Worldwide shipping will be Registered Airmail from Australia.US dollars for worldwide. Australian buyers can pay in Aus Dollars. (ie everyone pays similar amount for goods, exchange rate means US dollars will cover
extra shipping costs for worldwide shipping) I reserve right to check destinations in case shipping costs unusually high.
Paypal only

I want it, but first can you confirm the supported optic height and driver diameter?

Also, it is 6P compatible? It’s for use with a solarforce tube.

Thanks.

Pretty sure optics are 13mm high. I’ll check.

Surefire C - 6P/C2/Z2. I also used with Fivemega 3 x 26500 tube…
Don’t have any Solarforce, can’t imagine it would be a problem.

Using calipers, optics are 13.4mm height.
Driver cavity is 7.7mm. (But you have a bit more, as where the dropin would normally be, there will be no dropin!)
My light, I used 3 cells, 3rd cell sat where the dropin would normally be.

Optics I used: (they state 13mm height)
http://intl-outdoor.com/2-pcs-cree-xml-led-optic-10-degrees-p-474.html

When using “correct” tube , ie this 3 cell 26500 tube with 3 x 26500 cells, I used a dummy 16340 in lace where the dropin would be.
(My V1 light when it was a triple SST50)

Yes 13mm indeed… I wish the copper base had more play/adjustment to fit 4x 3up in there, but 13mm is too high for what I want to build.

Sorry Chodes I think I will have to skip this one for now… thank you for your time and good luck with your sale, I’m sure someone else will take this in no time. BTW that triple SST50 looks amazing.

No worries, I have the info at hand now for anyone else crazy enough to build something with it!

I don’t have a copper solution, but this would fit your needs.
This is a “multisink” made by download. it’s adjustable height.
Combine with the extra al piece I made, good fit in Mag head, almost unlimited height possibilities.

For anyone interested, I’d swap those 3 al pieces for the copper sink, or add for extra $20