Mag-Lite XL 200 LED

Does anyone know if the 10440 rechargeable Li-ion batteries can be used with this flashlight? If so, does anyone know the run time/increased lumens etc??
Thank you.

It takes 3xAAA in series, if you put 3x10440 in it, it will blow the driver and/or the led.

Yeah I just wondered. I use the NiMh aaa now but wondered if anyone actually tried that. Wonder if just using 1 or 2 of the 10440 would work?

I think just giving a yes or no answer won’t really help you here.

You’d be much better off spending some time reading up and learning what series and parallel battery connection is and how it affects the supplied voltage. Along with why using the correct voltage is important.

I’m not trying to be a smart arse, but 30 mins to an hour of effort on your part will make you far more informed and you’ll find you can then easily answer your own question. :slight_smile:

Some day off in the future when somebody invents a way to stuff ~1000mAh into a 10440 is the day it'll be feasible to replace three NiMh AAAs with a single 10440.

I’ve always had the idea to fit a 18500 in one of those XL50’s but for the price they sell them for I can buy so many better things.