Maglite 2d LED at Lowe's $14.97

As the song go’s, the things we do for love. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I disassemble the lights they will both just fit(individual parts wrapped in bubble wrap) in a small priority international flat rate box shipped to Denmark is listed at $23.95

Funny, I was there yesterday and they were still the normal price. Must have cut the price today, or maybe our store is still normal price. Hell, they will be gone by Monday, if they really are on sale.

At my store the low price had only been marked on the incan’s but was good for both types.

usps (united states postal service ) for international shipping almost doubled about 4 months ago . domestic shipping is still a deal but international prices now are much harsher .

Shipping U.S. to australia for a small cr123 light went from 7$ to $13

My guess would be that a mag would cost at least $25 to ship... Not to mention it's still a pain to have to box it ,drive down to the post office and then stand in line ...Worst part is that dumb long line.

This is the third year running that 2D led mag lites are 14.97 for christmas ...

and I still don't want one .

They were offered at that price on BF, went to their list price of $29.97 for a few days, then back to the BF price. They are now almost sold out. Every household should have one of these lights. Very robust and they can be made to run on most any cell. In another thread, just for fun someone tried to blow the driver and plopped in 2 - 32650’s just to see what would happen. It worked. What that means of course, that in a Zombie apocalypse, this light could be made to work with whatever cells could be scrounged up. Very comforting if you worry about that kind of stuff. :slight_smile:

I just need to share this with you guys.

Mr Rufusbduck has pm'em me about these lights and will send me them just like that. Of course I pay them and the shipping but thats besides the point. BLF members RULE! I mean, he's had to go out of his way to get them for me. He has to wrap them, ship them and worry about them until I get them. What kindness and unselfishness. December is the month of small wonders and this is just s shout for the BLF members across the globe in general and Rufusbduck in particular: You are great people!

Thanks for putting that image in my head.

that a 2D LED Mag could handle 2 x 32650 without frying the driver and possibly other stuff like a switch in between. What are those freaking drivers made of, kryptonite? :bigsmile:

Nope, Magnomite.

Sounds plausible to me, after all Maglites are well made and the current draw to the emitter isn’t that high at only 134 lumens. Here is the referring post

I think the 2D and 3D MagLED pills share the same type of buck-boost driver. You gotta wonder the kind of runtime a 6D would give.

I think this says it all. :beer:

a 6D would be even better in a Zombie Apocalypse. As long as an old discarded D cell is not completely dead, 6 of them would power the light to full brightness.

Wow, discarded cells are not dead - they’re UN-DEAD!

New ad campaign slogan “Maglite, flashlight of the un-dead” :open_mouth:

For the 2D to use up the cells to any reasonable extent it's gotta have a boost driver. I do know the little pill-things for the 3D lights is a buck driver. Even with the Vf being so low at such low drive currents (550-600mA I think was the last one I checked), it's still not gonna be low enough to work with two alkalines drained down to 1v each.

That’s why the 3D gets 79 hours and the 2D gets only 8. For getting the most out of cells, the 3D is way better, not just 3/2’s better

But if the drivers are the same, then it's got to be a boost/buck. Otherwise the 2x 26650 experiment would have caused a boost-only driver to go direct drive? At least that's what the boost drivers I have seen do when Vin is higher than Vout. But I haven't had a 2D and 3D LED at the same time to do a direct comparison. In fact I've never had one of the 1-mode 2 cell pills, only the 3 cell.

Once, when I connected a third D cell out the back of a 2D, the current draw dropped at the tail to exactly 2/3 of what it was.

BTW, there is something to be said for consumable batteries. They can be fully consumed.

I think this is the case at my local stores as well. When I first posted the link, I paid over the internet to be picked up in store. I just got there tonight, and they still had hundreds left - but the sign on the display says $29.97. I just double checked Lowe’s website, and it still says I can get them for $14.97. So, I assume that some stores just haven’t marked the items properly.

6 months ago I got two shipments from US to SriLanka. here shipping cost I paid

1. First class package: 6”x6”x12” box. weight around 1kg. cost 27.95$ (took 12 days to receive)

2. Priority mail international flat rate legal size envelope : around 13”x8” size usps provided envelope. weight around 1.5lb. cost 23.95$ (took 7 days to receive)

3. First class package: box. cost 25$? Package lost. never arrived.